Create Fulfillment in open state from FulfillmentOrder

Shipmatic
Visitor
1 0 0

As a fulfillment center, we receive and accept FulfillmentRequests.

Each FulfillmentRequests maps in a FulfillmentOrder.

When fulfillment process starts, we'd like to notify merchant of the process status.

Once picking starts, we create a Fulfillment object through APIs from a FulfillmentOrder but automatically the Fulfillment object has a "success" status, meaning the fulfillment process has already been completed. 

We'd like to create a Fulfillment object always starting from FulfillmentOrder, but pass through the "open" status, till the shipment is completed and goods consigned to courier.

Is there any way to create a Fulfillment object in "open" state starting from FulfillmentOrder?

Reply 1 (1)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

Hey @Shipmatic - would you be able to provide me with some example x-request-id headers as returned in order from your current process? Additionally, examples of any documentation that you are using, the initial request payload in raw format, as well as any example return payloads are all helpful. I would be happy to take a closer look at those to get a better idea of what is happening here! - Cheers.

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog