Solved

Custom app for on-demand digital product creation

philippt
Visitor
2 1 0

Hey there, I'm Philipp.

I am an experienced full stack developer and just starting to familiarize myself with the Shopify ecosystem.

I'd like to develop an app that generates an individualized digital product via API request after successful checkout, which is then offered to the customer post-purchase via a download button and mail for download (similar to the Digital Downloads app). 

But there are still some points where I don't know exactly where to start:

1. The customer should be provided with text input fields on the product page in order to individualize the product. This data should then be included within the API request. What must I include in my app for this?
2. The API request will return a URL where the product can be downloaded. Similar to the Digital Downloads app, I would like to redirect the user to a download page after purchase and send a post-purchase email with the download link. How can I make this happen?

Any help with orientation is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

philippt
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Alright, stumbled across the product reviews app repository. That should get me going 👍🏼

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

philippt
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Alright, stumbled across the product reviews app repository. That should get me going 👍🏼