CustomerPaymentMethodRemoteCreditCardCreate access denied

sumonst21
8 0 0

Hello, 
I'm trying to make this work as documented here: https://shopify.dev/apps/subscriptions/migrate/contracts 

But I'm seeing error: "CustomerPaymentMethodRemoteCreditCardCreate access denied" 

Here is My GraphiQL: 

mutation customerPaymentMethodRemoteCreate($customerId: ID!, $stripeCustomerId: String!) {
  customerPaymentMethodRemoteCreditCardCreate(customerId: $customerId, stripeCustomerId: $stripeCustomerId) {
    customerPaymentMethod {
      id
    }
    userErrors {
      code
      field
  }
}

Query Variables

{
  "customerId": "gid://shopify/Customer/56100000",
  "stripeCustomerId": "cus_6gD9fdsfsfdsf"
}

Response: 

{
  "data": {
    "customerPaymentMethodRemoteCreditCardCreate": null
  },
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "CustomerPaymentMethodRemoteCreditCardCreate access denied",
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 2,
          "column": 3
        }
      ],
      "path": [
        "customerPaymentMethodRemoteCreditCardCreate"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "extensions": {
    "cost": {
      "requestedQueryCost": 10,
      "actualQueryCost": 10,
      "throttleStatus": {
        "maximumAvailable": 1000,
        "currentlyAvailable": 990,
        "restoreRate": 50
      }
    }
  }
}

Replies 11 (11)

csam
Shopify Staff (Retired)
267 40 51

Hi @sumonst21 

Could you please share the x-request-id from a failed request? I will take a look in the logs and see if I can find more information.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

sumonst21
8 0 0

Hello @csam where should I look for this x-request-id? if you are able to look info request by x-request-id then I guess you would also be able to look on request responses and as well as response-> error->

"message": "CustomerPaymentMethodRemoteCreditCardCreate access denied"

ewalker
Shopify Staff
30 4 7

Your app does not have the proper permissions to create a customer payment method. Please review the Shopify.dev instructions on how to get started developing a subscription app on Shopify.

sumonst21
8 0 0

which app you are talking @ewalker ? GraphiQL? I have allowed all permissions available for GraphiQL and I can make sure it has the permission to modify customer payment methods. 

ewalker
Shopify Staff
30 4 7

You must first ask for special subscriptions API permissions through the partner dashboard. On Shopify.dev, search for “building subscription apps” and see the requirements section of that page for more information. 

sumonst21
8 0 0

what is partner dashboard? is it necessary in the following documentation: https://shopify.dev/apps/subscriptions/migrate/contracts this is what I was trying to do. I don't see it talked about partner API 

Brian_S
Shopify Partner
153 19 39

@sumonst21 I can't speak for @ewalker but I'm guessing that the permission they were referring to, that is 100% required to run a migration is the connection with the legacy payment gateway. 

Check out this section of the docs: https://shopify.dev/apps/subscriptions/migrate/contracts#configure-your-payment-gateway-to-work-with...

You'll need the merchant to open a link like `{SHOP_URL}/admin/payments/legacy_subscription` (for Shopify Payments) and that will create the needed connection. 

The documentation goes on to explain how to see if that legacy connection is enabled. 

Brian Singer
CTO & Cofounder of Subscription Service - Awtomic
sumonst21
8 0 0

Hello @Brian_S , 

Just to assure you that, I have not missed any steps on the doc link including the step you referred to and also I configured every steps correctly including all required eligibility checks like the one you said. so the output you wanted to see is: 

{
    "data": {
        "shop": {
            "features": {
                "legacySubscriptionGatewayEnabled": true
            }
        }
    }
}

again, it is verified by shopify customer support representative via chat and they confirmed I have followed every steps correctly and they are lost after discussing with their engineers a few days then they requested me to post the issue here so if any experts can help. 

No Thanks! 

So far it is a mystery but we no longer interested in shopify instead we had to choose alternatives. 

sumonst21
8 0 0

Hello again @ewalker 

I think I got you now. maybe I missed the first part which is: It requires a custom app built to handle subscriptions using stripe legacy gateway then the doc about migrating comes in place. however before I try anything farther, could you please tell me if it is possible till now to build a subscription app using stripe's legacy payment gateway. 

Thanks for your help. 

Sumon  

ewalker
Shopify Staff
30 4 7

This Stripe gateway is supported.  It is in only a means to bring customer whose credit cards are already vaulted with Stripe into Shopify.

You will need to choose either Shopify payments or Authorize.net for your Shopify checkout which will be used for all new subscriptions.

I hope this clarifies things. 

sumonst21
8 0 0

Hello, still not clear, perhaps, I need start building a shopify subscription app first to see if I get any issues about lagacy migration. 

will try by the end of this month and update here. 

Thanks for your reply @ewalker