FROM CACHE - en_header

Delisted due to cookie based sessions

hobonumber1
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Yesterday, my app (Easy Appointment Booking) was delisted with the following rationale:

1. Embedded apps that rely on 3rd party cookies are prohibited from the Shopify App Store. Implement sessions tokens to embed your app. Review our requirements for more information. See this screencast for additional details.

Based on the requirements linked in the request, session tokens are only required for existing apps by January 1, 2022. I'm very surprised that an app was suddenly delisted with no prior warning due to this. 

As of Jan 1, 2022, all embedded apps, new and existing, are required to use session tokens. If your embedded app uses cookies, then you must migrate to using session tokens by this date.

Especially given that session tokens dont work well at all with server-side rendered apps and there are numerous issues with shopify-koa-auth (you just have to look at the github repo) I feel frustrated by this decision. Im sure there are other app developers that have run into this issue. Can we please follow the stated timelines and not delist apps suddenly without communication? 

Replies 0 (0)