Does Order's totalPriceSet field contain shipping cost and shipping discount?

Solved
YuTomori
Tourist
14 0 2

I've gone over Shopify GraphQL API reference.

Order object have "subtotalPriceSet" field, and "totalPriceSet".

In the reference, it expressly says that subtotalPriceSet field doesn't contain shippingCost and shippingDiscounts.

But it doesn't say anything about shipping cost in the description of totalPriceSet field.

So, I wondered if totalPriceSet does contain shipping cost and shipping discount.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
GrahamS
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 35 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @YuTomori ,

To answer your question - totalPriceSet includes line items, discounts, taxes, shipping, and tips. You can think of it as a combination of all other PriceSet fields available on the order. I've sent a request up to have the documentation clarified.

Graham S | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
GrahamS
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 35 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @YuTomori ,

To answer your question - totalPriceSet includes line items, discounts, taxes, shipping, and tips. You can think of it as a combination of all other PriceSet fields available on the order. I've sent a request up to have the documentation clarified.

Graham S | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

GregThoen
1 0 0

Hey, Graham.

Could you please clarify whether or not the totalPriceSet (and currentTotalPriceSet) contain duties (you mentioned that it contained basically everything else in your prior response but didn't mention duties, so I'm not sure if that was intentionally left out or not)?

Thanks,

Greg