Solved

Error "Payments App doesn't exist." on calling paymentsAppConfigure merchant readiness API

sahil_197
Shopify Partner
9 0 5

We are creating a payment app to integrate a payment gateway on Shopify. One of the steps after finishing merchant onboarding is calling the paymentsAppConfigure GraphQL mutation to indicate to shopify that we are ready to process transactions for the merchant, as mentioned on this documentation page. However, we receive an error on the response to the API hit.

Description of error: "Payment App does not exist"

Documentation page for the paymentsAppConfigure API 

Curl for the request:

curl --location --request POST 'https://examplename.myshopify.com/payments_apps/api/2021-07/graphql.json' \
--header 'X-Shopify-Access-Token: exampmle_access_token' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Cookie: request_method=POST' \
--data-raw '{
    "query": "mutation {  paymentsAppConfigure(externalHandle : \"example_readiness hit\" ,ready: true) {   paymentsAppConfiguration {      externalHandle      ready    }    userErrors {    field      message    }  } }",
    "variables": {}
}'

Response json:

{
    "data": {
        "paymentsAppConfigure": {
            "paymentsAppConfiguration": null,
            "userErrors": [
                {
                    "field": null,
                    "message": "Payments App doesn't exist."
                }
            ]
        }
    },
    "extensions": {
        "cost": {
            "requestedQueryCost": 10,
            "actualQueryCost": 10,
            "throttleStatus": {
                "maximumAvailable": 54600.0,
                "currentlyAvailable": 54590,
                "restoreRate": 2730.0
            }
        }
    }
}

We get the error - Payments App doesn't exist.

Any help on configuring the app for receiving payments will be appreciated. We have already created a version of the payments extension on the app, with various configurations and countries active. What else do we need to do here?

Accepted Solution (1)

Garthdw
Visitor
2 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

I had a similar issue, after chatting with support. You need to have published the Payments app before you can perform the testing.

See the requirements here: https://shopify.dev/apps/payments/testing-a-payments-app#install-your-payments-app-on-a-development-...

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

ubangy
Tourist
3 0 0

I am also seeing this. Did you get a resolution?

ubangy
Tourist
3 0 0

For other, you need to have a version of the extension approved and published.

The app itself can remain in draft 🙂

KevinZeng
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I have the exactly the same situation here, returning error: "Payments App doesn't exist."

I totally don't understand what the value should I input for "externalHandle". Is it the payment app's name? Is it the app's id?

From the extension page, doesn't it say: "Test the working draft of this extension in development stores. "?

Why does it still require the extension to be approved and published?

sahil_197
Shopify Partner
9 0 5

Resolved by creating a v0.1 of our payments app extension with dummy urls and getting Shopify to approve it.

Eduard9969
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Hi @sahil_197 
What did you use as an externalHandle parameter for the paymentsAppConfigure migration?
I have a similar problem and have already checked different options for this parameter. Any param return message 'Payments App is not installed on the shop.'

Thanks!

Eduard9969_0-1635260722902.png

Garthdw
Visitor
2 1 4

@Eduard9969  if you have already attempted to install the app before you had a published version. You will need to create a new store in order to be able to install the app.

Appears to be an issue on Shopify side, where the store/app install gets into an inconsistent state.

Eduard9969
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

@KevinZeng use public API key as a externalHandle

@Garthdw Nice catch, man! Thank you very much.
I created a new dev store and install a payment app, It fix the problem! 

KevinZeng
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Thanks, I am using my app's name, and it also works.

jbalais
Shopify Partner
11 2 4

Hi @Eduard9969 can you kindly provide the sample request data that you're using via postman? I am struggling composing it on my end. Thanks in advance!

Eduard9969
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Let`s check it. 

Eduard9969_0-1643028480869.png

Eduard9969_1-1643028524802.png

curl --location --request POST 'https://{{YOUR_MYSHOPIFY_STORE}}/payments_apps/api/2021-10/graphql.json' --header 'X-Shopify-Access-Token: {{YOUR_STORE_ACCESS_TOKEN}}' --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-raw '{"query":"mutation PaymentsAppConfigure($externalHandle: String, $ready: Boolean!) {\n    paymentsAppConfigure(externalHandle: $externalHandle, ready: $ready) {\n        userErrors{\n            field\n            message\n        }\n    }\n}\n","variables":{}}'

jbalais
Shopify Partner
11 2 4

Thank you for the response @Eduard9969 it works now on my end! Cheers!

Garthdw
Visitor
2 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

I had a similar issue, after chatting with support. You need to have published the Payments app before you can perform the testing.

See the requirements here: https://shopify.dev/apps/payments/testing-a-payments-app#install-your-payments-app-on-a-development-...

saddam
6 0 0

thanks. it works

VantagePayment
Tourist
8 1 5

We have the same response. 

We already publish our app and still have the same issue. 
Can someone help us please ?

Lull
Excursionist
37 1 10

Hi,

I am having the same issue.
I have tried out the following c.f. the suggestions in the thread:

1. I created a version and got it in state "Approved"
  2. I created a new dev shop and installed the app in the shop
  3. I tried setting externalHandle to the app handle (i.e. the last part of the URL when you are in the app in the admin) or the app ID

I still get the error "Payments App doesn't exist." though.
When I click "Apps" in the admin, the app is not visible either. If I do a test install again on the shop, I am redirected to the app, i.e. the OAuth flow is skipped because the app is installed, although it is not shown on the app list.

Does anybody know what I am missing?
@VantagePayment Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

-Louise

Lull
Excursionist
37 1 10

Ah the solution always appears when you take the time to write the issue down ;o)
The extension version was merely "Approved" and it needs to be "Published" which you can do yourself.

Even after creating a new dev shop, the app does not turn up under "Apps" though...? Anybody knows how to solve that?