Event API issue querying events with verbs

muhammadFaisal
4 0 0

We are trying Shopify Event API, API only return Confirm orders.

Order verbs are not working 

/admin/api/2021-07/events.json?created_at_min=2021-01-01T16:00:00+05:00&filter=Order&verb=cancelled 

0 Likes
csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
131 18 20

Hi @muhammadFaisal 

Thanks for reaching out about this! I've been able to get the same result querying for the cancelled verb, doing some testing here. We're going to take a closer look and see why this may be happening.

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
muhammadFaisal
4 0 0

Please resolve this issue , I read different support post. this issue is pending from 2019. please look into this matter.  

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
279 39 45

Hey @muhammadFaisal 

Our orders team had taken a look into this one, and found that this is expected behaviour when making this call presently. The general /admin/events.json endpoint does not expose the cancelled verb. 

That said, the orders /admin/orders/:id/events.json endpoint will expose the cancelled verb when called - this endpoint will expose the documented order events(documentation here).

We'll need to change our documentation to make this distinction between these two endpoints more explicit. We'll get that in motion. I understand that in their present format, the documentation would be misleading. 

I hope this explains more at least. I've made this known to the Product Team, and they've taken note of our Partner's feedback concerning the above, as I've noted there has been others asking the same.

Please let me know if you any further questions - many thanks for raising this!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
muhammadFaisal
4 0 0

Dear Support team, 

As we dont know which order has been cancelled or update, is there any alternative mechanism to check this query ? 

I want to expose all event that are performed in specific store. 

0 Likes
csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
131 18 20

Hi @muhammadFaisal 

There's no way to view all events at the store level. If you're wanting to be notified when an order is cancelled or updated, I can suggest that you set up webhooks for those events. You can read more about setting up webhooks here: 

https://shopify.dev/apps/webhooks 

https://shopify.dev/api/admin/rest/reference/events/webhook

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog