Facebook Pixel Purchase event missing deduplication parameters

darkelia19
3 0 3

I have integrated my Facebook pixel SOLELY through the Facebook App channel with and tested data sharing set at both 'ENHANCED' and 'MAXIMUM'

I am receiving the following error which is resulting in my pixel tracking many more purchases than I am actually receiving:

You're sending Purchase events through both your pixel and the Conversions API, but they're not being deduplicated properly because not enough of these events are receiving an event_id parameter. Event instances sent without an event_id parameter cannot be deduplicated.

Any ideas about how I could go about fixing this?
Replies 48 (48)
DianeCN
Tourist
4 0 7

So I followed Richard's advice and the good news is that I'm getting a lot of originally "missing" data back from the server.

My event match quality however isn't great for PageView, View content, Add to cart and Initiate checkout (all between 4.6 and 4.8 out of 10).

The Purchase event has a match quality of 7.8/10 but I'm guessing it's better off than the rest of the events just because it has such low volume on a daily basis anyway.

The main reason why I'm mainly getting low scores is apparently due to a poor level of Click ID (fbc) being reported. Not sure how I can address this, I've been looking it up and cannot find a solution just yet.

BenBr
2 0 1

Hello friend, did you found a solution? thx 

DianeCN
Tourist
4 0 7

As of today the performance of our campaigns has significantly improved. There's potentially the back-the-school effect playing in our favour, but looking at pixel-based conversions volume vs Shopify orders vs GA360 transactions it is clear that our campaigns are reporting many more conversions than before vs Shopify and GA360 when it used to be the other way around.

Looking at Events Manager in Facebook Ads, the Purchase event has a score of 7.6/10. There's an 89% overlap between the pixel and the CAPI data, so we're getting an extra 11% conversions from using a browser+server approach which makes a huge difference for businesses with smaller budgets and sales volumes.

sk86
1 0 1

Hi Diane,

So just to confirm, you went back to 'standard' and then re-activated 'maximum' and the error went away?

If so, how long did you wait before re-activing 'maximum' mode?

We're having the same issue, but only with Add To Cart.

DianeCN
Tourist
4 0 7

I indeed reverted back to Standard for 24h and then went back to Maximum. Some warnings disappeared, and we ignored the others.

I also made sure that in Facebook Ads the advanced matching feature was ON and that at least External ID was ON. A colleague had deactivated everything by mistake and this had caused several warnings to pop up again.

Robert530
2 0 2

Hi Richard. Did the deduplication issue resolved for you when you changed it to standard for 24 hours to 48 hours and then switch it back to maximum?

Robert530
2 0 2

Hi Diane. Were you able to resolve the issue by following Richard’s instruction? 

Cristu
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Diane,

I switched to normal from maximum today, but let me know if I understand correctly, when you switch to normal automatically on business manager the "Advanced Matching" is going OFF, but as you said above I switch it back ON but only for external_id is that the way you did it too? And 24 or 48 hrs before going back to maximum? Thank you and I hope everything will go back to normal..

Richard82
Excursionist
17 0 7

Hi Guys.

I eventually received a helpful reply from Shopify support, so basically I ended up paying for an app that deals with this issue, as the Shopify Facebook integration just wasn't working for me. Anyway, here's the reply I got from Shopify support and found helpful!  Best wishes, Richard.

Hi again Richard

Thank you for sending me what Facebook forwarded to you regarding this. As mentioned, to really dig into it we would need order-level examples to take a deeper look at exactly which events aren't firing and why. One thing I can suggest is that we have a number of apps on our App Store which claim to overcome the deduplication errors. If you search the term deduplication there you'll see six or eight apps, all of them very recently released. These errors started coming in droves after the iOS 14 update over the summer, so there are many thousands of people looking for a fix. One app in particular called Facebook Multi-Pixels offers a free plan for use of 1 Pixel, so it could be worth a shot. In the app description it explicitly states that it can work around deduplication errors by sending everything server-side. The others, I'm assuming, work much the same way.

I can assure you that our developer team is looking into this. As the Facebook Channel integration has a lot of moving parts, there will often be much faster releases of fixes coming from our smaller App Developer partners (via the App Store) while we work on the larger integration. I can't set any expectations regarding when our sales channel will roll out updates to this effect but I have added your feedback to the Feature Request queue and there are quite a lot of others there as well.

Let me know if you'd like to explore any of those app solutions together, I'm happy to continue learning more about this and finding answers. If you can get any order level information from Facebook about which events are throwing the errors we could try to get further into the causes. For a list of currently supported Pixel event tracking, check out this help guide called Facebook Data Sharing, specifically the table with list of events.

I hope this day finds you very well and take care for now.

Richard82
Excursionist
17 0 7

Hi Guys.

I eventually received a helpful reply from Shopify support, so basically I ended up paying for an app that deals with this issue, as the Shopify Facebook integration just wasn't working for me. Anyway, here's the reply I got from Shopify support and found helpful!  Best wishes, Richard.

Hi again Richard

Thank you for sending me what Facebook forwarded to you regarding this. As mentioned, to really dig into it we would need order-level examples to take a deeper look at exactly which events aren't firing and why. One thing I can suggest is that we have a number of apps on our App Store which claim to overcome the deduplication errors. If you search the term deduplication there you'll see six or eight apps, all of them very recently released. These errors started coming in droves after the iOS 14 update over the summer, so there are many thousands of people looking for a fix. One app in particular called Facebook Multi-Pixels offers a free plan for use of 1 Pixel, so it could be worth a shot. In the app description it explicitly states that it can work around deduplication errors by sending everything server-side. The others, I'm assuming, work much the same way.

I can assure you that our developer team is looking into this. As the Facebook Channel integration has a lot of moving parts, there will often be much faster releases of fixes coming from our smaller App Developer partners (via the App Store) while we work on the larger integration. I can't set any expectations regarding when our sales channel will roll out updates to this effect but I have added your feedback to the Feature Request queue and there are quite a lot of others there as well.

Let me know if you'd like to explore any of those app solutions together, I'm happy to continue learning more about this and finding answers. If you can get any order level information from Facebook about which events are throwing the errors we could try to get further into the causes. For a list of currently supported Pixel event tracking, check out this help guide called Facebook Data Sharing, specifically the table with list of events.

I hope this day finds you very well and take care for now.