“Failed to submit fulfill request.” error

Ming_Chiu
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello 

Our user reported that certain line items in their orders count not be marked as fulfilled when using our app and had to manually change the fulfillment status on Shopify.

We got this “Failed to submit fulfill request.” error when looking into the log but were not able to find any description in the API docs.

We searched the community and failed to fins any possible solutions and would really need some assistance from your end.

Here are 2 request ID for your reference:
ba178722-43b6-4eb0-b7ed-d8ef3698ab50
0e5b2878-1b22-4945-9849-2a1e55fca404

Reply 1 (1)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

Hey @Ming_Chiu,

I was able to take a closer look and locate a few other references to this type of error around fulfillments. "Failed to submit fulfill request" typically occurs when an app is attempting to process a fulfillment on an order and/or line_item(s) incorrectly. Most commonly, it's when a line_item is set to be fulfilled by a third-party app or service, and the API call attempts to fulfill it manually as with a regular line_item.

Additionally this can happen when steps or required info is missing in the fulfillment creation process! 
I would check to see if there are any special shipping requirements on an order or the line_items that failed to fulfill correctly, and if so, you may need to alter your API calls based on the information available in THIS GUIDE in order to process them correctly (hint: toggle for REST examples). 

- Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog