FROM CACHE - en_header

Fulfillment order line partially completed

Three-Body
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

I have a question about how to complete partial fulfillment when there are multiple SKUs in an order line

I use the following method to complete the whole line

pro_del = shopify.Fulfillment({
    "order_id":"4401613603016",
    "location_id":"65978204360",
    "line_items":shopify.Order.find(4400659661000).line_items
})
pro_del.tracking_company  ='other'
pro_del.tracking_number ='12412444241'
pro_del.notify_customer =False
pro_del.tracking_urls ="https://shipping.xyz/track.php?num=123456789",

pro_del.save()

I tried to pass in a custom line_ Items, and the value of quantity is less than the unfinished quantity, but an error is reported. I'm confused :line_items":"array contains unpermitted members

line_items = [
                 {
                    "id":10935768023240,
                     "quantity":2,
                     "fulfillable_quantity":200,
                    "fulfillment_status": "fulfilled",
                 }
],
pro_del = shopify.Fulfillment({
    "order_id":"4401613603016",
    "location_id":"65978204360",
    "line_items":line_items
})
pro_del.tracking_company  ='other'
pro_del.tracking_number ='12412444241'
pro_del.notify_customer =False
pro_del.tracking_urls ="https://shipping.xyz/track.php?num=123456789",
pro_del.save()

Replies 4 (4)
André_Veltstra
Excursionist
35 0 6

I also came across this same error message, while POST-ing fulfillments. My applications post thousands of fulfillments every day, most without fail, and all of a sudden the other day this error occurs.

I checked the payload we sent: it contained only the ordered items, and only for the quantity ordered. Other uploads prior and after succeeded.

I really would like to know what causes this.

I architect and optimize software, focusing on data integration. Currently I do this for a fashion design and manufacturing company located in midtown Manhattan, NYC.
Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
93 6 31

@André_Veltstrasame here.  We have an app that does thousands of fulfillments a day as well and this error started showing up not to long ago.  I've been trying to reproduce locally but I haven't had much success yet.  Would love to know if something changed. 

I recently upgraded to API version 2022-01.  Not sure if you're on the same API version as well.  We've been in production for years and never ran into this until recently.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
dseipel
2 0 3

Same situation here.  We also have an app that generates a couple thousand fulfillments a day.  Never had a problem until 1 - 2 weeks ago and then we randomly get about 10 errors a day all with the response: {"errors":{"line_items":"array contains unpermitted members"}}

I re-send the exact same payload and it works.  

JamesP_
2 0 2

We are also having this exact same issue. Re-sending the identical payload will succeed the second time. 

I've checked through the forum for this question and none of the posts have received any meaningful response from Shopify.