Fulfillments API request runs as expected but customers complain that orders are not "fulfilled"

karlbauer
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

We transfer the data from the warehouse via the Shopify API. The API does not report any errors. However, customers complain that there is no shipment data and the order is not in the "fulfilled" status.

We always getting 201 Created back from the API. The problems have existed for about 2 months and have arisen by themselves. The API has not been changed in the program logic for a longer time. Not all orders are affected, but sporadically individual orders without a recognizable pattern.

Does anyone have any idea how to narrow down the problem?

POST https://[redacted].myshopify.com/admin/api/2021-07/orders/[redacted]/fulfillments.json HTTP/1.1
X-Shopify-Access-Token: [redacted]
Accept: application/json
Content-Type: application/json
Host: [redacted].myshopify.com
Content-Length: 207
Expect: 100-continue

{
  "fulfillment": {
    "line_items": [
      {
        "quantity": 1,
        "id": [redacted]
      }
    ],
    "order_id": [redacted],
    "location_id": [redacted],
    "notify_customer": true,
    "tracking_company": "DHL",
    "tracking_number": "[redacted]"
  }
}

HTTP/1.1 201 Created
{
"fulfillment": {

[shortened]

}

Replies 3 (3)

garyrgilbert
Shopify Partner
391 40 162

Your best bet would be to upgrade to 2023-04 api version. They have warned for almost 6 months now that code using api calls prior to 2022-07 would no longer work correctly.

https://shopify.dev/docs/api/admin-rest/2023-04/resources/fulfillment#post-fulfillments

Cheers,

Gary

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
karlbauer
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

The original post describing the problem is dated 08-10-2021 08:30 AM. API version 2021-07 was used. This was the latest version at that time. The issue has been obsolete for years.

garyrgilbert
Shopify Partner
391 40 162

Hi Karl,

Sorry, I thought this thread was new.. I didnt even look at the orginal post date, only wanted to help folks that were having problems with the fulfillment api transition and no one had answered their message.

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution