Solved

GraphQL – How to pull abandoned checkouts?

krchun
Shopify Partner
7 0 5
I am in the process of converting our project from the Shopify REST API over to the GraphQL API, however, I can't seem to find a way to pull "Abandoned checkouts".

This is the REST API documentation for abandoned checkouts that I am currently using and referencing: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/orders/abandoned-checkouts

I can't seem to find the equivalent using GraphQL.

Accepted Solution (1)
aamirk
Shopify Partner
20 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Alex 

Is there any timeline to add support for fetching Checkout resource using GraphQL?

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Alex
Shopify Staff
1561 81 341

While you cannot get abandoned checkouts outside of REST currently, I can say the goal with the Graphql Admin API is parity with the REST API. Thanks for asking though, I'll make sure it gets mentioned when discussing roadmaps.

Cheers.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

krchun
Shopify Partner
7 0 5

Hi Alex, Thanks for your reply! We've been having issues with speed using the GraphQL implementation mostly due to cost constraints. My solution turned into a hybrid of the Rest API and GraphQL. GraphQL worked wonders with pulling lets say, all customers, however it fell short when I needed to export all orders, order line items and variant informations together where there are multiple child nodes in place. We were at most only able to request around 50-60 orders per call, but would also have to make subsequent api calls if there were multiple line items pages in the order.

TLDR; Thank you for the update 🙂 Can't wait to see all the rest features in the graphql api.

@Alex wrote:

While you cannot get abandoned checkouts outside of REST currently, I can say the goal with the Graphql Admin API is parity with the REST API. Thanks for asking though, I'll make sure it gets mentioned when discussing roadmaps.

Cheers.

aamirk
Shopify Partner
20 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Alex 

Is there any timeline to add support for fetching Checkout resource using GraphQL?

EugeneKim
Shopify Partner
60 3 27

Hi @Alex ,

Any idea when the abandoned checkout resource will be made accessible via the GraphQL Admin API?

tontinedev
Shopify Partner
8 0 4

Bumping this, would love an update on the status of the abandoned checkouts graphql endpoint, it would be much appreciated so we can batch some of our high frequency queries in an app we are building.

rohanrajpal
Shopify Partner
38 0 13

+1 
Would love to have this on GraphQL too!

Founder | meetspur.com
Feel free to reach out to me at howdyrohan@gmail.com or @rohanrajpal98 on Twitter