Headless Shopify with Buy-SDK unpossible to use apps with permission "online store"

Solved
saf
1 0 0

Dear All

We recently developed an amazing store based on the Buy-SDK with Gatsby - it is blazing fast and was a lot of fun to work on. Right now we are using a light-plan as it suites all our needs for the moment.

Currently we started working the marketing automation. Therefore we need to bring the data that we collect in the Checkout into Mailchimp later Hubspot and so on. So we tried to install certain Apps from the AppStore but it does not allow us to install them as we obviously do not run a hosted shop on Shopify itself, see screenshot bellow:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-27 um 21.50.00.png

The thing is this actually happens for >95% of all apps:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-29 um 08.38.37.png

However this does not really make sense to use, as all data needed for what we want to achieve will actually be collected at the checkout which is hosted on Shopify. I've also reached out to the ShopSync-Team before, as I was assuming they are able to set the permissions themself however this seems not to be the case.

Therefore my question is, how can I use the Apps that require a Shop - which I obviously have - just headless as we are only accessing Shopify with the Buy-SDK. It would be a pity if that does not work, as we have chosen to use Shopify because of its great ecosystem and now are unable to use it as we go for a headless approach.

Looking forward to your reply and hopefully a solution to that :-).

Warm Regards

PS: I can send you the link to the shop in a private message.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
vix
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 103 117

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @saf 

I'm glad your newly developed headless store is working out for you! The app developers do set that restriction on their end. There is a checkbox for Sales Channel Restrictions

30-48-lfii7-namxj

I would reach out to the app developer again and let them know about changing this for you, and other Headless merchants. 

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
vix
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
540 103 117

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @saf 

I'm glad your newly developed headless store is working out for you! The app developers do set that restriction on their end. There is a checkbox for Sales Channel Restrictions

30-48-lfii7-namxj

I would reach out to the app developer again and let them know about changing this for you, and other Headless merchants.