How can I make a product available on google shopping through the API?

yeisonziruma
5 0 0

Every time I create a product through the API, It is enabled or disabled by the published at attribute, but how can I make the product available on the google shopping?

I already checked the meta attributes and nothing is changed when you manual set the google shopping availability, also the products attribute stay the same but the updated_at attribute.

Selection_052.png

I have read this thread but there is not new answers of the status of this functionality

Thanks in advance

Replies 4 (4)
Ryan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
497 42 117

Hi @yeisonziruma,

Unfortunately this is not possible, the Shopify Admin API only allows you to publish products to the Online Store.  Apps that are sales channels can publish products to their own channel, but you would not be able to publish to an outside channel like google shopping.

Ryan | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

aureran
1 0 0

Any updates on this? This is really a requirement on our side. Imagine that you are managing 5000 products with another inventory management software. I can not just go update 5000 products by hand to publish them to the google channel.

yeisonziruma
5 0 0

There's a functionallity that allows you to edit product attributes in batch through the interface, if you want to update them all as active is quite easy, but the problem as you said is that if you want to disable products using a software managing the inventory is almost impossible

Tonegolf71
Tourist
8 0 5

This is possible, but you can only do it if you are on Shopify Plus (it requires an API permission scope that is only available on that level). It is achieved via the "publishablePublish" mutation in GraphQL. See: https://shopify.dev/api/admin/graphql/reference/products-and-collections/publishablepublish

You can also remove them from being pushed to Google by using https://shopify.dev/api/admin/graphql/reference/products-and-collections/publishableunpublish