Return management just got easier! We’ve launched Customer Self-Serve Returns to all Shopify merchants. Click here to learn more!
Some merchants and partners are experiencing problems when logging into their Shopify accounts. We will continue to provide updates to you here.

How do I programatically determine which Shopify plan (Basic, Shopify, Advanced) a store is on?

EugeneKim
Shopify Partner
60 3 20

I'd like for my app pricing to be based on the merchant's Shopify plan. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a nice way to map either ShopPlan.displayName or Shop.plan_name to one of the three non Shopify Plus plans (Basic, Shopify, Advanced - I can use ShopPlan.shopifyPlus to determine if the merchant is using a Shopify Plus plan.).

Is there a programmatic way to determine what plan a merchant is on?

It seems that this has been asked in the past with no official response from Shopify on the matter:

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/enumeration-of-plan-name-from-get-admin-shop-j...

Thank you!

Replies 2 (2)
skraloupak
Shopify Partner
14 3 2

Hello, did you resolve this issue? Do you have some idea, how to do it?

Thanks for help

Jan

EugeneKim
Shopify Partner
60 3 20

I haven't yet implemented plan based pricing, but my plan when I do is the following:

Publishing a report is only available to Shopify Advanced and Shopify Plus merchants. If I attempt to create a report and fail due to some incompatible plan error then I know that the merchant's plan is either "Basic" or "Shopify". If I'm able to create a report then I can use `ShopPlan.shopifyPlus` to know whether they're on an "Advanced" plan or are a "Shopify Plus" customer.