FROM CACHE - en_header

How to register a custom Carrier Service app

Solved
MashaoR
Tourist
11 1 1

Hi,

I'm new to Shopify apps development.

I'm trying to develop a custom app for shipping. 

The app basically will take Origin Address code, Destination Address code and weight of the good
and reply with a shipping cost. 

I already have developer store setup and installed the add as an unlisted app for dev/testing at this stage
with read_shipping,write_shipping shipping scopes.

The challenge I have is figuring out how to registe/addr the app as custom carrier/shipping service, such that the
end point is called from the store to the app when the user adds shipping during ordering/checkut.

I tried looking through documentation at
https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/carrierservice#create

but it covers details after the carrier service has already been added.

Regards

Mashao

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
MashaoR
Tourist
11 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Fixed.

I needed to get correct access_token via the callback(/callback) after the app installs(/install).

I was able to manually register the carrier service via curl.

I'm now trying to get my head around implementing the carrier's callback post(/get_rates)

shopifyRoute.get_rates('/qoutes', (reqres=> {
//extract origin and destination codes, and total grams of items in the order from req.body

//send back rates the response
}
Does anyone have a similar example?

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
MashaoR
Tourist
11 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Fixed.

I needed to get correct access_token via the callback(/callback) after the app installs(/install).

I was able to manually register the carrier service via curl.

I'm now trying to get my head around implementing the carrier's callback post(/get_rates)

shopifyRoute.get_rates('/qoutes', (reqres=> {
//extract origin and destination codes, and total grams of items in the order from req.body

//send back rates the response
}
Does anyone have a similar example?

Kind Regards

joe-adelie
1 0 2

Hey would you be able to expound on how you registered as a carrier service? Code examples of the curl request you made, or docs that helped. Thanks!

ErSanjay
Shopify Partner
232 20 35

@MashaoR I did with the private app but still did not show the shipping list on checkout page

Full Stack developer
Er Sanjay