Development discussions around Shopify APIs
I found this answer in one of the Messages and would like to know, if there's any documentation or directions on how to setup Azure webhooks
I found a workaround, I setup an azure function that that listens for webhooks from SS, the basic flow is:
- SS auto-action on order import = set location to "NO SHIP-FROM LOCATION"
- listen for "neworder" webhook from SS
- query shopify for complete data on that order
- filter out fulfilled rows
- get location/per row(line item)
- if count of unique location ID's > 1 = set SS tag "multi-locaiton shipment" - prompts warehouse to split manually. In my case this is sufficient, you could probably expand it to split the order for you though.
- else match SS ship-from with Shopify location and update order in SS
Cedric here, from the Shopify Webhook team. Thanks for reaching out.
If you want to use Azure to receive webhooks, creating a Azure function seems to be your best option: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-bindings-http-webhook.
That function will be run/triggered by a HTTP request, the webhook call, as described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-bindings-http-webhook-trigger.
Then you need to add the Azure function code to verify the webhook payload (https://shopify.dev/apps/webhooks) and do the business logic you need for that webhook.
And finally register the endpoint (the Azure function URL, for example http://<APP_NAME>.azurewebsites.net/api/<FUNCTION_NAME>) in the webhook subscription (https://shopify.dev/apps/webhooks).
Don't hesitate if you have more questions!
All the best,
Cedric | Shopify Webhooks
Which region in Azure would be the best for response time? Where is all webhooks sent from? Our azure function is now located in west_europe and we have a response time of avg 0,5 sec which is much to slow in my oppinion
We're excited to announce improvements to the threaded messaging experience in our communi...By TyW May 31, 2023
Thank you to everyone who participated in our AMA with Klaviyo. It was great to see so man...By Jacqui May 30, 2023
Photo by Marco Verch Sales channels on Shopify are various platforms where you can sell...By Ollie May 25, 2023