Integration for SELF Service kiosk

miguelsoaresptt
Tourist
10 0 1

We are manufacturers of self-service unattended kiosks and we have a customer that have Shopify store and he wants to install also the online store in a self-service kiosk, but with a UI diferent and more easy for a unnatended kiosk navigation

Is it possible to do this integration with APIs

Compliments
Miguel Soares

Replies 29 (29)
Ryan
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
497 42 117

Hi @miguelsoaresptt,

Without more details it would be hard to confirm that you can do everything you want to, but it sounds like you would be implementing a point-of-sale type solution?  If that's accurate you can use the Shopify POS App SDK to extend the Shopify POS.  If however, you wanted a standalone solution, then you could use the Shopify Admin APIs and Storefront API to customize a customer's experience within your own app and run that on the kiosks.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ryan | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

blicky
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey Miguel,

Keen to hear where you get to with this. We are considering doing the same and current limitation is accepting payments.

The Shopify almost works but not entirely confident in how it would work as an unattended/self serve solution. Also unsure how the payment hardware would work unattended.

miguelsoaresptt
Tourist
10 0 1
Yesm we are doing it.
blicky
Tourist
10 0 1

How'd you get it working at a self serve kiosk? Shopify POS or something else?

miguelsoaresptt
Tourist
10 0 1
API
Max_Greenberg
1 0 0

Hi Miguel. I have an eyewear business and we're looking to develop a self-service POS at our kiosks. We would also like to use Shopify. Would your business be able to help us implement this. If you're interested, you can email me at max@roaveyewear.com. Thank you!

Matthew_Guthrie
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi,

Did you ever get this off the ground. We are keen to have something similar and would love to have a chat. Please let me know.

Thanks

Mat

miguelsoaresptt
Tourist
10 0 1
Dear Matthew

Yes, its working.

Compliments
Miguel Soares

Matthew_Guthrie
Shopify Partner
5 0 0
Thanks for email. Can you tell me what Kiosk App you're using? Is it
publicly available?

Thanks

Mat
enajemy
1 0 0

Hi Miguel,

How were you able to get this self-serve kiosk up and running? I would so appreciate the help or guidance if you have the time! 

Emily

DiscountEyeGlas
Tourist
3 0 1

A few other folk's ask this question in the shopify community. If this helps, I came across this company that has a few stores in Toronto using a custom Shopify self checkout machine for self checkout and grab scan and checkout. Sounds like it can do what you’re looking for. They run a Shopify store on a McDonald’s style self order kiosk with some custom software. We are an eye-ware company and planning to implement their self order kiosks early next year. https://www.eflyn.com/shopify-point-of-sale-system/

IMG_4125.jpeg

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4211 303 901

If you are not a kiosk manufacturer yourself keep in mind you can still accomplish alot with just the theme system without touching the api and having to setup a server.

A theme running on a store and a locked down browser on a touchscreen pointed at that theme can go a long way.

Your main issue will be the checkout process, though this years addition of instore pickup helps things sans express checkout buttons.

If you want to be more like self checkout you really want to be on shopifyPlus to modify the checkout templates.

If you want staff checkout you would need a way to send the kiosk cart to the POS which brings it back to the API's or do something clever with QR codes|barcodes from across the store /shrug.

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
miguelsoaresptt
Tourist
10 0 1
We already did it.

We have selfservice kiosks with our software with complete integrated
with Shopify + checkout

PARTTEM & OEMKIOSKS

www.oemkiosks.com

sunskitchen
3 0 0

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to setup a self ordering kiosk with an iPad for my restaurant. I think running my shopify theme on the iPad should work. The only problem I have is that the checkout page always seems to "remember" the previous customers email, name, phone number etc. These info are automatically generated when the next customer reaches the checkout page. Please see picture below. Is there a way to make the system not "remember" this information? My website url is http://suns.kitchen Thanks!

IMG_9157.jpg

miguelsoaresptt
Tourist
10 0 1
Hi

To do this feature you need to develop ( as we did) a frontoffice
software for the iPAD to integrate via APIs with your shopify store.

Compliments
Miguel Soares

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi miguelsoaresptt,

sunskitchen (Visitor) posted a new reply in Shopify APIs & SDKs

on 12-06-2020 08:53 AM:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Integration for SELF Service kiosk

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to setup a self ordering kiosk with an iPad for my
restaurant. I think running my shopify theme on the iPad should work.
The only problem I have is that the checkout page always seems to
"remember" the previous customers email, name, phone number etc. These
info are automatically generated when the next customer reaches the
checkout page. Please see picture below. Is there are way to make the
system not "remembering" this information? My website url is
http://suns.kitchen Thanks!

| Accept as Solution

sunskitchen
3 0 0

Thank you for the reply Miguel. Is this front office software an App? Can you provide a link?

Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1020 83 262

We deployed some self-service units, some on iPads. We used SiteKiosk and had a decent result. It clears the cache between user sessions, so there aren't any "remembered" form fields and whatnot. Found it pretty easy to configure too.

sunskitchen
3 0 0

Thank you Greg. I found an app very similar to SiteKiosk called Kiosk+. It seems working very well so far. 

miguelsoaresptt
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello

We have done it:

PARTTEAM & OEMKIOSKS IMPLEMENTS PROJECT OF DIGITAL SIGNAGE AND SELF-CHECKOUT KIOSK - SHOPIFY - AT OVERCUBE STORE

https://oemkiosks.com/?page=news&news=partteam-oemkiosks-implements-project-of-digital-signage-and-s...

Compliments

MS