Solved

is there a way to pull sessions data with API

evaness
Tourist
8 1 9

I need the sessions information of my shopping site for each week. Normally I can pull from analytics but now we have some issues with analytics. Is there a way to pull this data with API ? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @evaness 

The Session data is not currently available via the API. The Orders API does contain a "referring_site" field, but there is no other analytics data exposed via the API. Hope that explains at least! Thanks.

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 19 (19)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @evaness 

The Session data is not currently available via the API. The Orders API does contain a "referring_site" field, but there is no other analytics data exposed via the API. Hope that explains at least! Thanks.

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
evaness
Tourist
8 1 9

hey @Luke_K 

thanks for the answer. 

I can see the sessions data through the site. Is there a logical reason why I can't get this with api ? it was important for me to be able to get this data.

Sachi2
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi @Luke_K- Any update on this? I'd love to be able to extract session data via the API.

42technologies
Shopify Partner
12 0 5

We are interested in it as well. We would also like to pull session by Referrer Source and Referrer Name. 

Klaus_KS
Visitor
2 0 12

We are highly interested in this too. The Shopify session data is better than GA4. Let's open it up! 

jamesbod
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi - is this still the case? That is, is session data not available in the API? Particularly for the information re first session exposed in the admin panel, Thanks,

Peter_Datma
Shopify Partner
27 0 4

We at Dhatma would like very much to have access to this. It would make sense to expose this data through API, it would give a lot more power to apps focused on analytics if they can access historical data.

tiaradwptr
Shopify Partner
1 0 4

Also looking the possibility of this, with the third party cookie and many upcoming tracking restrictions, having store session data from Shopify only make sense

ShopifyDevSup
Shopify Staff
1299 210 451

Thanks everyone for the interest in an API for tracking session data. I'll be sure to share your use-cases with the product team!

Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was this reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

SozeArafat
Shopify Partner
6 0 3

Hi,

Any update ?

troyha
Shopify Partner
2 0 8

Is there any update on this? This is an important metric to be able to access for multiple use cases.

Bapu_Patil
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Any updates on this? or Any alternative solutions? 

aleam
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also interested, is there any news on this? That would be very important..

raasowner
Tourist
5 0 10

This is also critical to our success in using Shopify. Are there any plans to provide this API again? We're currently using the Google Analytics connection, but the data is often very inaccurate.

Peter_Datma
Shopify Partner
27 0 4

Hi Raasowner,

I would suggest to give a try to our app, you can see a demo here: https://demo.dhatma.com/ . We are using our own tracker to register more accurate sessions data then GA and also combine data from Shopify backend with tracking data to give full coverage on shop performance. The only caveat is that it is recording session data from the moment of install and that is the reason we would like to have access to Shopify stored session data to be able to give insights also on historical data.

Have a great day!

Peter

Klaus_KS
Visitor
2 0 12

Very disappointed that this has not bee fixed yet. 

jayadheer_a
Shopify Partner
1 0 5

Hi, Please make available sessions data in API. It is very important for us. 

marvelous42
Shopify Partner
7 0 4

I find it really strange that this is not accessible through the API, while everything else is more or less available 😕 

jlr131
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Adding to the chorus here - session data in the API would be tremendously valuable. is that on the roadmap at this point?