Issue with Shopify payment app installation in test store.

Akshay3
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello team,

I am trying to setup payment app for our client. I am following below document.

https://shopify.dev/apps/payments/onboarding-a-merchant-payments-apps#installation

But when I am trying to install it on test store and create oAuth URL for app installation, it is giving me below error.400 - Oauth erro.png

Anyone having an idea what I am doing wrong?

Replies 6 (6)
csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
267 40 43

Hi @Akshay3 

You'll need to enable some additional permissions relating to subscriptions for your app. You can do this in the partner dashboard as described in our documentation here: https://shopify.dev/apps/auth/oauth#subscription-apis-permissions

• From the app's page in your Partner Dashboard, click App setup.
  • In the Subscriptions section, click Request access to Subscription APIs.
  • Provide a description about why you are applying for access.
  • Click Request access.

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Akshay3
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello @csam ,

Thanks for reaching out to me but I am looking for payment app permissions, not for subscriptions. So can you please let me know what I can do for the same if you have any idea?

csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
267 40 43

My apologies - I misunderstood the scope of the issue. For payment gateway permissions, you need to apply for access and be approved. Currently, we are planning to re-open the application process this quarter. You can read more about the process here: https://shopify.dev/apps/payments/getting-started#overview

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Akshay3
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks again for answer @csam ,

But we are existing gateway partners and approved by Shopify for payment app as well. I have created my new app and have added payment app in Extension section. So let me know what I can do further.

Looking forward for your feedback on this.

csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
267 40 43

If you're already approved I don't know what would be causing the permissions error to come up. You can contact support via your Partners account using the "[Beta] Report an issue" feature to allow us to take a more in depth look at this. Please provide links and as much specific information as possible, including your account and the app that's experiencing the issue.

Thanks!

Luyx
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi,

Do you have any documents to develop a payment app extension? Or I need to approve payment provider from Shopify before developing the app extension?

Thanks and sorry for the comment.