Maximum of 25 for interactive settings in blocks

Flafi87
Shopify Partner
11 1 3

Hello Shopify Community and developers at Shopify!

During migration to theme app extensions I got into a problem. Before I could have over 25 settings in a custom block, now it is limited inside Theme app extensions. I am trying to figure out how to solve this issue without creating custom script from our App itself with the necessary settings(and as I know we are trying to eliminate custom scripttags) and I dont want users to do settings in two places, but so far without success. Anyone has some clue how to deal with it? I would not like to cut the number of settings as they are necessary for styling. And I also would not like to ask users to write their own styling...

X Invalid tag 'schema': settings: must have a maximum of 25 for interactive settings

Replies 2 (2)
Wehateonions
Excursionist
23 4 15

Hi, i am having the exact same issue, i have 36 design elements for a table with buttons, and i dont want to limit the user to all customisation options, or as you say send them to another place to fill this out.

Shopify wants us to make our apps work better with the themes which we are trying to do, but with limitations like this how can we fully rely on an app block. Its very frustrating!

FAO Shopify, can this number be incresed?

In need of a Shopify developer for a bespoke app or theme, or maybe just someone that can help you out. Give us a shout, we are always happy to help. Wehateonions
Flafi87
Shopify Partner
11 1 3

Well, anyhow this new theme 2.0 extension thing is buggy as hell 🙂 One day it was working, next day it was not, uploading perfectly, but nothing is visible. I guess we have to wait a bit more.