Solved

Migrating from EASDK to App Bridge 2 documentation

mikeastral
Tourist
5 0 4

We have an old private APP that is using the old EASDK and we would like to upgrade it to App Bridge 2

I remember there was a migration document from EASDK to App bridge 1, but it seems it has been deleted already in the new API documentation.

Currently, the API documentation provides a guide for migrating from App Bridge 1 to App Bridge 2, but nothing regarding a direct migration from EASDK to App Bridge 2.

Is there any guide on how to perform the migration without requiring to re-write the whole APP from scratch?

Accepted Solution (1)

Fionoble
Shopify Staff
4 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @mikeastral

The docs were missing when the new dev docs were released. We've added them back now so you should be able to find what you need here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

Hey @mikeastral,

Great question. I do remember the specific tutorial mentioned for migration from EASDK to App Bridge, and was able to touch base with a few teams concerning this. There are some additional migration resources on the way around these features, though I can't pass on a timeframe at the moment. 

It's worth noting that migration guides generally offer basic steps and provide examples, such as package/dependency updates and reconfiguration of functionality, but may still require making larger changes to an app beyond the tutorial. While migration may vary greatly from app to app, understandably this type of resource is very helpful!

I would be happy to keep an eye out and pass on insights once I know more - Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Fionoble
Shopify Staff
4 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @mikeastral

The docs were missing when the new dev docs were released. We've added them back now so you should be able to find what you need here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

mikeastral
Tourist
5 0 4

@Fionoble @awwdam Thanks a lot for feedback. This was the information we were looking for.