Need to use 3rd party payment gatway in shopify app

southernhoney
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I have an shopify app and i have integrated it with stripe payment gateway which is 3rd party payment gateway But as per shopify policy we can only use shopify Billing API for subscriptions part. now the concern is that my app is simple middleman between my separate system and shopify and my system has 3 different plans and subscription so to integrate shopify app in my system users need to subscribe top most plan basic plan will not have shopify middleman features and shopify says i need to use their payment gateway only to approve my APP in shopify app store.

Also i have set Shopify subscription with 0 price but it gives me error 422.

So for basic plans how can i use shopify billing API because those plans doesn't have any shopify related features ? Please help me if any one has suggestions or idea how to solve this issue.

Replies 5 (5)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 405

Hey @southernhoney,

Can you please elaborate on the current plans? 

Also i have set Shopify subscription with 0 price but it gives me error 422.

Free plans don't need a subscription.

So for basic plans how can i use shopify billing API because those plans doesn't have any shopify related features

Are you saying that users don't need a Shopify store to use your app?

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

southernhoney
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Scottydont,

Plans are: https://market2boutique.com/pricing/

Are you saying that users don't need a Shopify store to use your app?

--> YES, for basic plan they does not have to have shopify store. 

Let me know the solution

Thanks,

qutub

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 405

Your app doesn't appear to be listed in the Shopify app store? In that case, you might not need to use the billing API.

Use of the Billing API is mandatory for all listed apps unless you have been otherwise notified by Shopify.

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/billing-api

southernhoney
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I know that its not listed and I want to get it listed thats why I have made this app.

But it does not necessary to use Billing API for BASIC plan subscription. 

The support said to keep fee 0 and that gives me error.

How to get this solved?

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 405

Ah, got it. In that case, you can avoid using the billing API unless users are on a > $0 plan. I.e. by default users will be on a free plan (no billing).