No requests from Shopify CarrierService

Eltrino
Shopify Partner
14 0 9

We are writing integration for our local shipping carrier service, after a while we started to experience issues during our tests.

We are aware about caching which Shopify applies and does not make calculation for same address for 15minutes. So we use a different address for each test. When we test our App on test stores, we do not receive requests to our callback URL all the time. Sometimes we see calculated rates on checkout shipping step and sometimes not.

At first we thought that we're processing requests not so fast and Shopify does not wait response. But in reality, there are no requests at all (access log is empty). Sometimes its like 50/50.

Is there are any limitations for test stores and in case of real store everything will be ok ?

May be, test stores have some resource limitations and these limitations affect how many requests could be sent for particular test store.

Anybody experienced same issues ? Thank you.

Replies 4 (4)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Hey @Eltrino 

So, there's not a limitation that I'm personally aware of when it came to carrier service and test stores. If you'd like to send me the carrier service details (carrier service name, callback url) along with the store name and an approximate timestamp/request_ID of when you last saw this behaviour in your tests and we'll take a look into it!   Feel free to send me a DM if that suits. Thanks.

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Eltrino
Shopify Partner
14 0 9

Hi L_J_K,

I have sent you information that you have requested in the private message. 

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Thanks @Eltrino I'll reply in the DM. 

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
JohnOkoroafor
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

@Luke_K I'm having similar problem and I wonder if you can share possible solutions you found here