Order cost upon fulfillment

lookitsash
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a custom fulfillment app for my orders that sends the orders to various vendors. The actual costs of the items may vary over time (eg. cost may vary across different vendors, item could be on sale at vendor, etc). Is it possible to store the cost of line items  in shopify after my app accepts the fulfillment request?  I would even settle for just a single "order cost" field that would track the total cost to me at my vendor (which would include any shipping/taxes i had to pay).

I could just export the orders and track the costs in a custom application, but i was really hoping to keep everything right here in Shopify.

Replies 3 (3)

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
538 43 87

Hi there - Shopify doesn't track the cost at the time of the order, only at the product level. So if you change the cost, all reports reflect the new cost. See the screenshot below from this article.

Our free app Report Toaster tracks the cost at the time of order, so all of our order reports can actually report your profit. See our blog article for more information. Please feel free to check out our app and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 7.52.30 AM.png

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi @lookitsash,

I understand your dilemma, and I have to concur with @CloudlabSam that you'll have to use a third party app to do what you're asking about.

The BeProfit - Profit Tracker app is exactly what you're looking for. You'll get a dashboard that lets you track and analyze your profits and expenses including marketing costs, shipping, production, and more (you can manually enter expenses as well). As your question specified, BeProfit also provides per-order (and per-product) breakdowns.

It's quick to set up and integrates seamlessly with your marketing platforms and even Shopify Shipping so that you can track your profits and expenses with precision.

You can use BeProfit to:

• Create and export custom reports
  • Track your profit history over time
  • Get intuitive visuals and graphs
  • Freely edit your store's data
  • Understand complex business metrics
  • Connect metrics once with smart integrations
  • Spot what factors need improvement to increase profits
  • Make data-driven decisions to optimize your store

Try BeProfit and let us know if you find it helpful. Plus, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the app, we're always happy to get feedback! Good luck

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20

Hi @lookitsash ,

When you are free, please have a look at the Report Pundit App. We offer 14 days free trial and you will have access to all the features. Our team can create business-specific custom reports.

Yes, we can show the cost at the time of sales and calculate the profit.

You can reach us at support@reportpundit.com or contact our live chat support team for help in creating reports.

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards