Solved

order/create line_items empty sometimes

brendancf_moch
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Sometimes our order/create webhook receives an order with nothing in line_items.  However some time later if we fetch the order from Shopify, the line_items are there.  How is it possible the line_items is empty?  Is this expected under some conditions and we need to handle it or is this a bug somewhere in shopify?

Accepted Solution (1)

armurray
Shopify Staff
15 4 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hello!

We've had reports of missing `line_items` in a small number of `orders/create` webhooks starting in late September. We thought that we had isolated and fixed the bug as of September 29th. If the bad hooks are on or before September 29th, then you don't need to take any action and the problem should be resolved.

If you're still missing `line_items` then I'd appreciate it if you could DM more information such as an `order_id` and an `api_client_id`, and we'll try to track down the problem.

armurray | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

armurray
Shopify Staff
15 4 3

This is an accepted solution.

Hello!

We've had reports of missing `line_items` in a small number of `orders/create` webhooks starting in late September. We thought that we had isolated and fixed the bug as of September 29th. If the bad hooks are on or before September 29th, then you don't need to take any action and the problem should be resolved.

If you're still missing `line_items` then I'd appreciate it if you could DM more information such as an `order_id` and an `api_client_id`, and we'll try to track down the problem.

armurray | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

brendancf_moch
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thanks for the reply.  Haven't seen any instances of this since then, so sounds like we are good now

Fotis
4 0 0

Hello,
I have also empty fields to thank you out page at

line_item.product_id, line_item.title