orders.json allways returning the same 7 orders

Pxppxr
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hi, whenever i make a call on orders.json (both python and browser) i get the same 7 orders.

My app has read_orders permission, read_customer permission (i'm on a private app btw)

Some of the orders are nearly 1 year but none is recent.

orders/count.json returns 7 however the store has a lot of orders and many are recent.

I've tried to add status = any for fullfilment and financial status

What am i missing ?

Replies 3 (3)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Hey @Pxppxr 

Did you happen to have an x-request-id from this request? Feel free to share that along with the exact request that you are making, and that will help us investigate what's happening. Cheers!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Pxppxr
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

hi, thank you for helping !

from browser:
-> request id: 766fee0e-e68b-4155-978b-a25e5a5d0e41
-> url: https://{store}.myshopify.com/admin/api/2021-10/orders.json
-> only returns 7 orders but the store has 50+

from python app:
-> request id: 9ac36853-0950-4135-b199-f8e2a1df255d

-> url: https://{pub}:{pass}@{store}.myshopify.com/admin/api/2021-10/orders.json

-> only returns 7 orders but the store has 50+

Same thing appen with ?financial_status=any&fulfillment_status=any

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Hey @Pxppxr 

No worries! So I've taken a look into things here - a custom Shipping App on this particular store automatically archives the order immediately once the fulfillment has been performed which affects the order status - order status moves to the 'closed' state when it is archived.

The majority of the orders on the store (bar those 7 that are still open) are all in the 'closed' status.

I could see your app has the read_all_orders scope (so can read past 60 days), and I've been testing out the  GET call on the store, I would try adding orders?status=any to your call for this store. 

That would pull in all orders, irrespective of the order status(docs). Let me know how that goes! Thanks.

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!