Solved

Payments App can't retry on rejected transaction

dabedala
Shopify Partner
18 1 0

Hello team,

i'm just checking with the integration for "Payments App". Regarding transaction being rejected.

Issue

User can't retry to checkout using the same items in cart for the same payment app and prompted with the following message

"Your payment can’t be processed for technical reasons. Please try a different payment method."

every time i click on "Complete order", page just does a refresh and we don't receive the transaction from our side,

Questions

is this the normal behavior? If so, this can impact our customers experience, as there might be a reason why the transaction got declined the first time, for example due to insufficient funds, and then the user wants to checkout again with sufficient funds but they can't

Appreciate your support on this, 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

dabedala
Shopify Partner
18 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Seems like Shopify updated their API docs to not reject transactions unless transaction is "high-risk payment".

also mentioned in api docs to:

"""

For example, if any of the following conditions are met, then you don't need to reject the payment:

• The user doesn't interact with your payments app
  • The user cancels the payment
  • The user needs to retry the payment because of specific errors, such as user entering the wrong CVV

"""

without transaction rejections, customers will be able to retry.

reference

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

ada29
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @dabedala have you managed to get this issue solved? Thanks.

dabedala
Shopify Partner
18 1 0

No, issue is still happening

AsiaPay
Shopify Partner
10 0 3

Hi @dabedala have you managed to resolve the issue?

dabedala
Shopify Partner
18 1 0

No, issue is still pending

martabel
Shopify Partner
72 1 7

I am missing this feature as well. I think the best way would be if we reject the payment it could try again with the same provider as a new payment session. 

chaoding
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Do you have any solution now? I have exactly the same error.

dabedala
Shopify Partner
18 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Seems like Shopify updated their API docs to not reject transactions unless transaction is "high-risk payment".

also mentioned in api docs to:

"""

For example, if any of the following conditions are met, then you don't need to reject the payment:

• The user doesn't interact with your payments app
  • The user cancels the payment
  • The user needs to retry the payment because of specific errors, such as user entering the wrong CVV

"""

without transaction rejections, customers will be able to retry.

reference