Payments app oauth scopes issue

Solved
matiasturunen
Tourist
4 1 2

Hi,

Our company has been previously approved as Shopify payments partner. And what I understand, this is what is needed to be able to process payments at Shopify. I have created a test app, and I'm stuck on phase where the app must request permissions using oauth. After clicking a link to install my app at development store, the app redirects to "https://{shop}.myshopify.com/admin/oauth/authorize?client_id={api_key}&scope=write_payment_gateways,write_payment_sessions&redirect_uri={redirect_uri}&state={nonce}&grant_options[]=per-user" (identifying information left out intentionally) and the result is always "Oauth error missing_shopify_permission: write_payment_gateways, write_payment_sessions, read_payment_gateways, read_payment_sessions".

What is the root cause of this error? Obviously we are missing those permissions, but I would like to know are those permissions granted for each app separately or for each payments partner account? For what I've been reading from the sometimes very confusing documentation is that only payment partners are able to add "offsite payment provider" -extension to their app, which is what I've done.

For support regarding this issue, I have used the chat in partners support page, from which the support person kindly redirected my question to partner support which told me that they can only help regarding partner accounts and partner dashboard. I find it little strange that Shopify has partner support which can't actually help with this kind of issues, as the support directed me to ask help from this community and to read API docs.

I'll kindly provide more details if needed.

- Matias

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
matiasturunen
Tourist
4 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Issue got resolved after I sent an email to paymentspartners (a) shopify.com and asked them to enable payments functionality to specific app. What I did understand from the response is that you are required to explicitly ask Shopify to enable payments functionality per app regardless if you are a payments partner or not.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
ededdah
2 0 0

Did you get any response or find the issue, I am getting the same issue trying to use the new payment app.

matiasturunen
Tourist
4 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Issue got resolved after I sent an email to paymentspartners (a) shopify.com and asked them to enable payments functionality to specific app. What I did understand from the response is that you are required to explicitly ask Shopify to enable payments functionality per app regardless if you are a payments partner or not.

View solution in original post