Presentment_prices

ilanadavis
Shopify Expert
181 24 56

I can see that presentment_prices is available as part of the API, however is it possible to access this via liquid?

https://shopify.dev/api/admin/rest/reference/products/product-variant

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.00.55 PM.png

Ilana Davis, Shopify Superhero
JSON-LD for SEO, adds structured data to your theme, getting you more organic traffic with Rich Results.
Linking Llama, link complementary, comparable, or related products to improve SEO & UX.
Replies 5 (5)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

You may need to just mirror the data of the non-api-parity properties into metafields with an automation app such as usemechanic, a caveat being changes to presentment prices may not trigger product update webhooks.

Rendering a single presentment currency value in liquid was|is tied to the cart.currency|country of the current user.

https://shopify.dev/themes/internationalization/multiple-currencies-languages 

Never hurts to check if existing properties are spitting out new objects , or there's new undocumented properties on the resource (presentment_prices, prices, price_list,PriceList,etc) to stumble on.

Send a variant , or a product, to the json filter, or try some sane guesses at property names, though the cart being a flag probably makes that moot.

A FED workaround with ajax to get all presentment price data, for a limited set of variants, would be to cycle through the cart currencies|countries and use the section rendering api , or products ajax api .

Or if available use locale routes for the ajax endpoints(shop.com/fr/cart, shop.com/ca/cart, etc)

Note: For the storefront api multiple-currencies Presentment currencies will be deprecated in July 2022 in favor of international pricing (aka price lists) 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

ilanadavis
Shopify Expert
181 24 56

Thanks @PaulNewton but I have an app trying to access the complete price data via liquid. Calling any backend API, another app, or JavaScript ajax is not going to work due to the scale.

I'm hoping there's some way I can request the presentment_prices to be accessible via liquid.

JSON-LD for SEO, adds structured data to your theme, getting you more organic traffic with Rich Results.
Linking Llama, link complementary, comparable, or related products to improve SEO & UX.
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@ilanadavis wrote:

Thanks @PaulNewton but I have an app trying to access the complete price data via liquid. Calling any backend API, another app,...not going to work due to the scale

Scales a bit irrelevant here, you don't really call the api at time of access, this is a process you would do beforehand to populate metafields thus exposing that data in liquid using metafields, with an ongoing sync. The only reason you would do it only at time of access in such a way that scale becomes a factor is if there is something like dynamic pricing involved in which case this goes beyond just presentment prices.

If an app is trying to access all price data of a variant including multi-currency|i8n-pricing then they should already be aware of this problem and either be exposing that info themselves through the api, or a proxy app, or provide some way for you to customize it to connect the proper data.

I'm hoping there's some way I can request the presentment_prices to be accessible via liquid.

Be sure to submit any feature request and usecase directly to either standard support, the partner support, the partner slack , a Plus MSM, or all of the above.

Shopify can be capricious with singular feature requests moreso with giving timelines about fulfilling such things /shrug.

It could just be undocumented /shrug, or it's also possible they wont ever implement that for the reason given above(current session liquid rendering).

And If you can find an existing merchant thread requesting this capability and pipe in with the use case.

For stuff like this if nothing shakes out in under a week and you need this in a reasonable timeframe just want implement the available workarounds.

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

ilanadavis
Shopify Expert
181 24 56

Let me clarify @PaulNewton  I am an app trying to access the presentment_prices. I do not want to access this via the API because scale is in fact an issue.

My questions is actually directed to Shopify to allow me to access this via liquid. I submitted it to Shopify Support and they directed me to post here. There is no partner support anymore that I'm aware of. I've also posted it to Shopify Partner Slack with no response. If you know of someone for me to talk with I would be happy to share more details including the use case.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@ilanadavis wrote:

Let me clarify @PaulNewton  I am an app trying to access the presentment_prices. I do not want to access this via the API because scale is in fact an issue.

Ah I see, still unfortunately when there isn't official direct support in liquid for an api feature then workarounds are unavoidable.

@ilanadavis wrote:

There is no partner support anymore that I'm aware of. I've also posted it to Shopify Partner Slack with no response. If you know of someone for me to talk with I would be happy to share more details including the use case.

It should be available in your partner dashboard https://partners.shopify.com/current/support ?

Or is it just directing to first tier merchant support and that's the problem?

It should drop you to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/partners#/contact.

PaulNewton_0-1631859132740.png

If your feeling ambitious,

for slack you'd want to search for the international pricing beta stuff and that should give you some Dev names to try and get in front of* ,

or search this api&sdk board for recently active Shopify team members that contrib to api and liquid discussions and try and get them into this thread.

*I've been off partner slack as it's a distraction, if you can't find the threads through slack search lmk and I'll try and log in this weekend and see if I can find some of the threads I'm recalling seeing.

I get wanting platform parity sanity but it can take a lot of patience waiting for something that may not happen.

Goodluck !