product/update webhook not firing when editing price

Solved
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
227 29 33

Hey @codyb13 

That's correct - I can confirm products/update webhook will fire when uploading a products CSV with product edits.  Thanks!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Sturla
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for this information, when will this be like before? this is costing us a lot of work and some products are selling at wrong prices because when it is updated in Shopify then it will not update in my point of sale Pos system unless I do it manually. (Not Shopify pos) 

0 Likes
Sturla
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you, i have seen that this is working 100% 

0 Likes
viru
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

I am facing the same issue sometimes that when change price from product detail page webhook does not call but when change price in variant detail page it calls webhook.

I am using 2021-04 currently. Do we have to update webhook version to 2021-07 to not facing this issue again or this is fixed in 2021-04?

Regards,
Viral

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
227 29 33

Hey @viru 

Yes that's correct, this would be fixed for all stable versions. Changing price on that page would fire products/update webhook in 2021-04, we'd recommend bumping up to the latest version if possible. Hope that helps!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
viru
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @L_J_K 

Thank you for your confirmation.

0 Likes
Anto_S
Excursionist
70 1 9

Posting this to check if anyone is experiencing an intermittent issue with product/update not firing after an API update of products. We have faced this in the past few days while making product updates via API for automated tests which we use as part of a CI/CD flow - the product/update webhook never triggers and then starts working on its own a few hours later.

It also appears that the issue goes away once we go in and make a change using the store UI - this triggers webhooks as expected, and then the webhooks triggered from API updates start working as well. We are fairly sure this is not an issue at our end, have tried this with multiple different endpoints.

thanks

Anto

lucas-p
Tourist
11 0 3

We have a similar problem since yesterday. We receive a lot of notifications of webhooks failing but it seems to work when we edit a product.

We did not change anything on our end.

0 Likes
viru
Tourist
6 0 1

@All 

We had the same issue before two days.

May I know which Webhook Event version you have in your App Setup in Shopify? We are using 2021-04

0 Likes
lucas-p
Tourist
11 0 3

2021-01 for us.

0 Likes