Question about Balance Transaction field "source_type"

Solved
Johnathan2
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi! Specific question: By reading the docs on the Balance Transaction object, it is not completely clear all the possible values for the field source_type. For example, in the GET example response provided in the docs, one of the transactions contains a value of Payments::Refund for the source_type field. But in the description of the transaction object, the docs says:

source_type
The type of the resource leading to the transaction.
  • charge
  • refund
  • dispute
  • reserve
  • adjustment
  • payout

So, if I want to check for a source_type that represents a refund, should i check for the value "refund", or for the value "Payments::refund"?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 64 81

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Johnathan2 

Thanks for getting in touch, I agree we could make it clearer and I've mentioned this internally.

I'd performed some tests against the shopify_payments/balance/transactions.json REST endpoint, and you'd be looking for "Payments::refund" for source_type.

I can confirm the documentation here for shopify_payments/balance/transactions.json would be the source of truth. Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 64 81

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Johnathan2 

Thanks for getting in touch, I agree we could make it clearer and I've mentioned this internally.

I'd performed some tests against the shopify_payments/balance/transactions.json REST endpoint, and you'd be looking for "Payments::refund" for source_type.

I can confirm the documentation here for shopify_payments/balance/transactions.json would be the source of truth. Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Johnathan2
Tourist
4 0 1

Great, thank you!