RecurringApplicationCharge live

lokki54
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello.

My app just got an approve however I noticed that billing is stay in test mode.  The RecurringApplicationCharge documentation is pretty limited 

I try to set it to false or remove test param but it is still charge the billing as test

recurring_application_charge = ShopifyAPI::RecurringApplicationCharge.new(
				 name: "Sparkle Application",
				 price: 2.00,
				 return_url: "https....",
				 #test: false, commented line
				 trial_days: 15
			)

and

recurring_application_charge = ShopifyAPI::RecurringApplicationCharge.new(
				 name: "Sparkle Application",
				 price: 2.00,
				 return_url: "https....",
				 test: false,
				 trial_days: 15
			)

Both give me "You will not be billed for this test charge."

appbill.png

Replies 2 (2)
awwdam
Shopify Staff
175 32 18

Hey @lokki54

Thanks for sharing some context here. When you are creating the recurring application charge in the example you shared, I can see that the request is setting the "test" value as false, which differs from the documentation.

There are only two valid values that can be set for the "test:", property  true ornull . I would suggest setting this as "test": null to confirm functionality. 

If you are looking for additional resources or more info, our implementation guide here is a great place to start. If you work through both resources and this is still an issue, please feel free to reach back out and share an example x-request-id header from an example request where the unexpected functionality is still present!  

- Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

lokki54
Tourist
4 0 0

Null is not working. False is working in ruby language. I also read shopify docs and found they are very limited.

Nobody tell you that shopify keep in mind previous billing attempts and show not actual request. So if you during development try test: true/false values it is not immediately switched to the live or test mode! Pfff