Solved

Required assistance on force_ssl field removal from the Shop REST Admin API and shop/update

Sankeerthana
Shopify Partner
15 0 1

Hi Shopify Support Team,

I am getting the following alert message for my APP, I am sure we are not using this force_ssl field anywhere in our code, Even though every time the app shows this error.The force_ssl field has been removed from the Shop REST Admin API. Please see the below attachment.

My App is on the 2021-07 version and I am not getting any errors to REST Admin API endpoint.

What is the impact if this force_ssl field is removed, and if we start using the 2021-10 API version?
Can you please help to fix this ASAP?

Let me know if you need more details

I have visited related community Posts for this but I did not get clear confirmation on this. I would request the support to give a brief explanation on this.

As per the 2021-07 release notes, it was mentioned that the "force_ssl" field will be removed from the Shop Resource. But in the 2021-10 release notes there isn't anything mentioned about this field. So, we just wanted to understand how this alert will get fixed once the API version gets updated. Is there any change in the 2021-10 version that will fix this issue?

Also, does this mean that any Shopify App that is using the 2021-07 API version and is hitting the Shop Resource endpoint will see this error, irrespective of whether they're making use of this field or not?

Accepted Solution (1)
Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Sankeerthana 

Yes that's correct. Force_ssl was deprecated in 2021-07(docs) If updating to 2021-10 this will remove the alert - however please note after you remove any deprecated calls from an app, the app's status will continue to show up as "Fix by (date)" until 30 days after the last deprecated call was made (documentation regarding this is here).

Once time has past 30 days since last change, the warnings would not show in the API Health section. Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Just following up to your message, passing on some insights, suggestions and clarifying a few things to help moving forward. My recommendation here would be to check out our  API versioning documentation. If you're seeing the force_ssl notification, the API Health tool in your Partner Dashboard will provide further context for this change.

Once the update is made, The API Health tool will display this message for 30 days after a deprecated requests. Until then, feel free to toggle between the Last 7 days and Last day timeframes.

Notifications will remain in the App menu, as well as in each timeframe for their respective windows. As long as no additional deprecated requests are made, the message will clear automatically.

It's worth noting too that not including an API version in your requests will result in Shopify falling back to the oldest supported version - currently this is 2020-10. I would recommend to include a specified stable version (ideally the latest 2021-10). More docs are available here regarding versioning if need be. Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
Sankeerthana
Shopify Partner
15 0 1
Hi Support,
All our API calls are made using the API version 2021-07 but we're still
getting the alerts.
Can you please confirm if moving the API version to 2021-10 will this
resolve the alert showing the partner account?
Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Sankeerthana 

Yes that's correct. Force_ssl was deprecated in 2021-07(docs) If updating to 2021-10 this will remove the alert - however please note after you remove any deprecated calls from an app, the app's status will continue to show up as "Fix by (date)" until 30 days after the last deprecated call was made (documentation regarding this is here).

Once time has past 30 days since last change, the warnings would not show in the API Health section. Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
Sankeerthana
Shopify Partner
15 0 1

Thank you team, Appreciate your assistance
This really helped us