Rest api pagination with since_id

Solved
Giancarmelo
1 0 0

I need to get all the products in my shop, but when I try to print them, having the limit of 250 per call, I realized that there were no products, the rest call with the since_id does not seem to work.

To test I made the request for the first 10 products, and then I tried to get them 5 to 5 and this was the result.

these are the top 10 products ids:

first 10.JPG

then I made 2 calls to get the first 5 products in the first, and the next 5 in the second using the since_id:

fist 10 5 by 5.JPG

can see the first 5 are correct, but the next 5 do not match. What am I doing wrong ? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 64 81

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there @Giancarmelo 

Had you tried the first call including since_id=0 along with those fields when trying to get all the products on your store at the beginning? So something like this would return the first ten products I created on my store -   api/2021-10/products.json?fields=id,handle,variants&since_id=0&limit=10 

Then, if I look at those ten products, and take the fifth product's ID,  and then try this following GET. Like so - api/2021-10/products.json?fields=id,handle,variants&since_id={the_fifth_product's id}&limit=5

I diff my results from my first call of ten against my second call for the next 5 after the fifth ID, and the ID's all match ok. I think your mismatch could have something do with the default, products are returned in ascending order by title in the Products API when since_id is not specified. 

There's some further docs here if you need them.  Let me know how that goes!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 64 81

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there @Giancarmelo 

Had you tried the first call including since_id=0 along with those fields when trying to get all the products on your store at the beginning? So something like this would return the first ten products I created on my store -   api/2021-10/products.json?fields=id,handle,variants&since_id=0&limit=10 

Then, if I look at those ten products, and take the fifth product's ID,  and then try this following GET. Like so - api/2021-10/products.json?fields=id,handle,variants&since_id={the_fifth_product's id}&limit=5

I diff my results from my first call of ten against my second call for the next 5 after the fifth ID, and the ID's all match ok. I think your mismatch could have something do with the default, products are returned in ascending order by title in the Products API when since_id is not specified. 

There's some further docs here if you need them.  Let me know how that goes!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!