Send email to multiple recipient

Olena1
3 0 0

I want to send email with order confirmation and information about order to email address not only to one. I have two different recipients. Right now one of them stored in the customer.email, another one in the order.metafields.recipient_email. In the same time I need to send email to them. I couldn't find the solution. Is this possible? 

Also, in the documentation I found customer.email and order.email. What email address does the email go to exactly? Maybe I can set that "order conformation" go to the order.email and "shipping confirmation" go to the customer.email? Or maybe these two fields must be identical?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Replies 10 (10)
Alex
Shopify Staff
1555 81 310

You cannot supploy more than one email recipient for order confirmations. This is something you might have to do with a mailer of your own.

The email will go to the order's email property. The customer's email if being specified in the customer object will try to create a new customer with the email provided there. If the customer already exists, the request will fail. The order confirmation is not sent to this email.

Cheers.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Olena1
3 0 0

Thank you a lot for answer! 

Maybe exist some apps that I can integrate with Shopify and send the same email to email address from metafield' field? 

Alex
Shopify Staff
1555 81 310

I would'n bt surprised if an app like that exists, but I don't know of any personally. You'll want to ask about that in the Shopify Apps forum or hopefully someone from the community knows of one here. Or if you're feeling up to it, you could try and create that solution yourself as well.

Cheers.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Olena1
3 0 0

Thank you for help!

Mark_W_
Tourist
7 0 3

I'm also interested in this. I think I will just create something that takes in the webhook order create event and loop through the multiple emails.

HammerOz
Tourist
3 0 1

Sounds like a job for Integromat or Zapier. Provided all email addresses are revealed in the API array, you should be good to do this and a lot more.

Edit : just realised this was in the api forum. don't mind me  

khard
Tourist
14 0 3

@Mark_W_  Did you find a solution to this?

Mark_W_
Tourist
7 0 3

@khard - yes, we developed our own solution post order. 

We used additional order attributes to get additional e-mail address separated by columns. When the order is complete, we see the additional order attributes and we loop through and send additional order confirmations from our system.

Theoretically, you could parse this through Flow and then have it trigger a action in your Transaction E-mail Service. We didn't do that but depending on your setup that maybe an easy way to go. Hope that helps!

justphred
1 0 0

Hey! 

I've been looking into how we could allow customers to send confirmation emails/shipping/tracking info to additional/multiple emails. Is that what you were able to accomplish?