Shopify API Media File Size too Large

TekEir
2 0 0

Hi, I am currently listing products on Shopify from an API software (ChannelAdvisor). I use universal image sizes (1600x1200), a large amount of images are this size. All of the new products listed the last 6 months have been this size.

This week I began to receive errors stating "Error from Shopify: The Shopify API was unable to update media for the product grouping on Shopify. This is typically due to media file sizes that are too large, too many media items in the product grouping, or inaccessible media at an indicated media ur. Please contact ChannelAdvisor support for assistance."

I have been in contact with ChannelAdvisor support and they state that there are no errors in the backend of their system. I have also spoke with Shopify support and was redirected here.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved as it is interfering with our product listing.

Reply 1 (1)
TekEir
2 0 0

I have also encountered another error. Please refer to screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 15.09.40.png
When I do a force push I am told that there is an update currently active. I will be contacting ChannelAdvisor support again.

I would also like to request any shopify support to check Shopify back end if possible.