Solved

Shopify API returns 'This shop is unavailable' but shop and webhooks are still active

ant-fx
Shopify Partner
20 0 0

Hi, our app installs webhooks for carts, checkouts etc. and when the webhook is called we use the Shopify API to get info about the products etc.

We have a user who installed the app and we can see webhooks being called when items are added to the cart but when we try to call the Shopify api using the user's details we get  the following with a status code of 423 (Locked)

{
    "errors": "This shop is unavailable"
}

This happens with any api calls we make, even those checking which webhooks are installed.

The store appears to be active and we can browse/add items to the cart.

Is this some issue on Shopify's side?

Accepted Solution (1)
SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 405

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks @ant-fx.

Both of these stores have had their admin locked until they resolve an issue. The shop is still available but admin/api actions aren't permitted.

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 405

Hey @ant-fx,

Are you able to provide a request ID from the headers of the 'shop is unavailable' response?

ant-fx
Shopify Partner
20 0 0

Hi Scott,

Sure, here is an example:

2556764b-44a1-44ed-bd11-e8ff8dd4eb15

And another for a different store

e669abdf-47e6-4e62-9599-60968cfd199e

Mike

SBD_
Shopify Staff
1829 269 405

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks @ant-fx.

Both of these stores have had their admin locked until they resolve an issue. The shop is still available but admin/api actions aren't permitted.

ant-fx
Shopify Partner
20 0 0

ok thanks for the info Scott.

Andy681
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Shopify API returns 'locked - This shop is unavailable' on Nov. 10th, but the shop is still active, and I have paid you the $29 plan, WHY you shutdown my shop suddenly and don't give me any reason??? You received my money of the $29 plan, but shutdown my shop??? Please help me to fix this problem, it's very urgent, thank you.
Waiting for your reply asap.

mikeria_slydell
Visitor
1 0 0

this user id popped up and is saying my shop is closed but why is that ? I paid my 29 dollars so i am slightly confused on what is going on here 

Request ID: 92cfceaa-f94d-470b-be5f-b081e47d2a81