Shopify App free trial offer tracking vs paid customer

Solved
Darren_10
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello!

We are launching a paid Shopify app and we would also like to offer a free trial period for users that wish to try the app out before paying.  However, as the app is currently set up, every user that wants to download the app goes into the free trial funnel even if some users would prefer to bypass the free trial and instead pay immediately.  Is there some kind of work around to be able to track which users download the app and want to exercise their free trial vs tracking users that download the app and want to pay for the app, in effect by passing the free trial bucket?  In short - every user that downloads our app does not want to exercise the free trial offer but we do not want to scrap the free trial offer altogether. 

Thanks for your help in advance!

Darren

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
csam
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
267 40 46

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Darren_10 

You could create a separate plan that does not include a free trial. The free trial is set at the time of the subscription creation, so it would make the most sense to have two separate subsciption plans. Hope this helps!

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
csam
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
267 40 46

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Darren_10 

You could create a separate plan that does not include a free trial. The free trial is set at the time of the subscription creation, so it would make the most sense to have two separate subsciption plans. Hope this helps!

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Darren_10
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Thanks for the note @csam. I think this is a brilliant solution and we appreciate the help.