Shopify App Review Process

Jagat_Sen
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi,

Don't know if this question has been asked before but still wanted to get some clarity.

We recently submitted our app for review and got an automated response saying, "Your app has been submitted to the Shopify App Store for review. A developer will be reviewing your app soon and will follow up with you there. Please allow up to one month for the review process to complete"

Now one month seems like a lot of time. I have heard generally it takes about a week or so to get the approval. So I am not sure if this is just the automated response that everyone receives or it indeed takes that long. Any developers here, would like to know about your app review experience.

Thanks

Replies 8 (8)
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4764 54 550

Sounds about right. If it takes a week, bonus! If it takes a month, bonus. You're in this for the long haul anyway right. Who cares about Official store status anyway, if you submitted your App, it is ready to go now, and anyone can install and use it regardless of the Shopify blessing. 

So your marketing can point to an URL and you can run with it. And when it gets approved, you already have happy customers, who can review positively. So instead of being like the mob, who hurry up and wait (and wait), just be happy you're launched and ready to go. 

And if you get rejected, well, that's fine too, it just means you have a bit more work to do, or your idea was already delivered by 5-10 others first. 

Rememeber, good things come to those with patience, and who can wait out the system. 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
PageSpeedGuru
Shopify Partner
47 0 7

Hi HunkyBill, Good answer:-)

I am also waiting for Shopify to "bless" my app.

Thanks

Tonny

Shopify PageSpeed Expert | Speed up your Shop and Earn 45% more, Get 31% more Traffic and Boost Conversion Rates by 20%
Philip_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 0 23

Hey Jagat,

Phil from the Shopify Apps team here. Hunky Bill and yourself are correct. It takes about one weeks time for your application to be reviewed once submitted for publication onto the Shopify App Store. This is the case for both Beta submissions and fully published submissions. Thanks for the additional input @Hunky Bill! 

One of two things will happen during a review. If all goes well, you will be contacted by us letting you know that your app has been published onto the Shopify App Store. If during the review process we find some issues that need to be addressed, we will contact you with those issues. From here once the issues are fixed and the app is working smoothly, we will publish the application. 

It's always a good idea to take a look at our app review checklist found below:

https://help.shopify.com/api/listing-in-the-app-store/app-review-checklist

This will help make sure your app is ready for publication as it's the same checklist we use to make sure your app is ready for publication. 

Thanks

Phil

Philip | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cubewalker2
Excursionist
86 0 10

The queue is quite long at the moment. We submitted our app for beta at the end of November and we are still waiting. The holiday surge makes it longer to wait according to the official reply. In the meantime we are preparing our marketing soft launch like blog content marketing, finding channels to spread the news.

Hopefully there will be good news coming in the next few days!

How to customize facebook share image of your store homepage? http://support.seo-product-optimizer.com/article/30-how-to-customize-facebook-share-image-on-shopify-homepage
Athar_Rasheed
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Shopify give me 3 weeks to review my app but i want to ask how much it takes normally or they are sticky with 3 weeks or longer?

Thanks

Philip_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 0 23

@Athar currently we give you an expected review date in a Submission Confirmation email after you submit. The expected date may vary depending on the quantity of submissions at the time. This is what you are experiencing at the moment. The Apps Team will alsways get to a review. Once reviewed you will be hearing from us through your partner account email. The length of the review may vary based on what we find during the review. 

I suggest reviewing the following documentation while you wait for your review and add in any missed requirements if you have not already: 

• App requirements checklist - this includes mandatory requirements that must be met or the app can be subject to rejection
  • Success criteria - these guidelines are not mandatory but will help you be potentially featured on the App Store if you impliment them

To learn more about the review process visit our documentation HERE

Philip | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Elaine
11 0 0

Our app has been submitted for nearly 3 weeks, but we still haven’t received any news. Is this normal?

shafiqlala
1 0 0

shafiqlala_0-1631732756609.png

Facebook cant approved my shop whY?