Shopify POS Cash Tracking API

kiavash
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's a specific API endpoint to access the POS Cash Tracking data? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how/where to access this data if not through the POS section directly (maybe somewhere in transactions or reports)?

All your help is appreciate it, thanks

Replies 5 (5)

kiavash
Tourist
7 0 4

Update: I realize that cash_tracking is a valid scope, but have trouble accessing it. Any help?

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Hey @kiavash 

Thanks for getting in touch! I took a look in the code and it appears cash_tracking scope is not publicly exposed over the API and is only an API that's available internally within Shopify. Alas, there isn't a way that would allow that same data to be exposed over API. I'll definitely make this desire for the scope known!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
kiavash
Tourist
7 0 4

@Luke_K thanks for your response! So is there any way to access the data for cash tracking sessions from the POS via API access?

kiavash
Tourist
7 0 4

@Luke_K Do you know if there's any way to access the cash tracking information from the POS via API calls?

insomniasolsllc
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Any update to exposing this for API?  Don't see any details newly posted and have a client that expects this reporting into their QB Subaccounts on a daily basis.