SPF records

lhaagsman
2 0 0

G'day,

For our Shopify shop we organised a domain via Shopify: www.depridoeboek.nl.

For e-mail communication we've linked gmail accounts to info@ and sales@depridoeboek.nl accounts.

Now we're going to use a Dutch Fulfilment company (montapacking) to get the product (book) to our customers.

We want to approve Montapacking's service to send e-mails in our behalf (for package track and trace purposes), therefore we need to include (include:spf.montapacking.nl) them in our SPF record. 

Can we do this in DNS setting? If so, what 'custom record' should we use? 

Or is this something we need to fix in Gmail?

Hope someone can help me!
Cheers,
Lars Haagsman

0 Likes
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 111

Hello, Lars! 

Ren here from the Shopify support team. Thanks for your post!

I understand you'd like your fulfillment company, Montapacking to be able to contact customers on your behalf. I'd wager that the most simplified way to set this up would be to set up Montapacking as a custom fulfillment service. This way, they will automatically receive an email when there is a new order containing all of those details which will be at hand should they need to contact the customer for any reason.

Does this sound like what you're looking for? Setting up custom fulfillment is very straight-forward, you can follow the steps here.

Under your Settings > Notifications you can access the template that will be sent to your fulfillment warehouse and make any necessary adjustments using liquid variables
14-52-fdnf9-sfmlp

On the next page you can hit Preview to see what details are already included in the order request email being sent: 

Let me know what you think of that option and please let me know if I can clarify any of the above for you. 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
lhaagsman
2 0 0

Hi Ren7,

thank you very much. I'm not sure if your answer helps me.

We've already setup Montapacking using API (host, key,passwords,rights). Maybe you can see this in our shop (mariekedegoeij.shopify.com)?

Montapacking have their own portal that is now linked to our shop with the API, however, we want to make sure that e-mails send by Montapacking with the sales@depridoeboek.nl domain will not be defines as SPAM. Therefore we want to 'approve' Montapacking servers in our domain as sender of e-mails.

They informed us this can be done by adding include:spf.montapacking.nl to our SPF records. 

I understand I can add something to the SPF records in sales channels - domains - DNS settings.
For custom records I can choose 'A record', 'CNAME record', 'MX record', 'AAAA record', 'SRV record'. 

Where would I need to add 'include:spf.montapacking.nl?

Many thanks,
Lars

0 Likes
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 111

Hello, again! 

Thanks for clarifying that, Lars. It sounds like you'll want to make changes in your DNS to add their SPF record to your domain host. You'll want to look for your TXT record:

18-13-umaat-417zj

You can find the full instructions here.  Essentially, these instructions assume you want to whitelist Shopify but you can follow the same principle for whitelisting a different address. 

That being said, If you already have an SPF record for your domain, you can combine them into a single record like this (it will display on one line)
v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:otherdomain.com ~all

If you are using Gsuite as your email host and using a TXT record to verify your ownership of the domain you would simply need to create a second TXT record with the value:
v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com include:_spf.google.com ~all

If no action is taken, notification emails will be 'from' no-reply@shopify.com, and customers will still be able to reply directly to you. 

Let me know if I can clarify any of that! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bogdan_Tam
1 0 0

hello,

thanks for this description, but I bought my domain through shopify.

How can I make these DNS settings if the domain was purchased through the shopify provider?

Best Regards

0 Likes