FROM CACHE - en_header

Standalone App

Leonan
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

Hi,

I need to create an standalone app instead of embedded app. There are any docs about it?

I need to consume admin API in standalone app. Is it possible?

Replies 6 (6)
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1134 83 215

Hey Leonan, 

The only difference between an non-embedded and embedded app is that one app would load outside of the Shopify admin, and the other would load embedded inside of it. There isn't much difference outside of that except for a button being clicked in your partner dashboard and loading a script. 

There wouldn't be anything stopping you from not building your app using the Embedded App SDK, and as long as you're obtaining an access token for a shop you'll be able to use admin API endpoints just fine. For more info on getting started, see here.

Josh | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Leonan
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

So I can just redirect when cilck in apps section? Redirect to my owm domain and use admin api with acesstoken ?

Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1134 83 215

Hey again Leonan, 

Precisely - after you've finished going through the OAuth flow and you've received your access token, you don't have to redirect to an embedded app view. You can just redirect to your own internal view and start firing API calls.

Josh | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Leonan
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

Josh,

When I click to my open my app this doesn't work. It always open embedded in Iframe. Are you sure that don't have any configs?

Davey_Price
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

Hey Leonan/Josh,

This can be done through the Apps > Extensions interface, see this article:

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/embedded-apps/app-extensions/shopify-admin/embed-in-shopify-admin

cheers,

Davey

loganecolss
Excursionist
11 0 5

This doesn't seem to work, I disabled the embed, but after restarting my node server and refreshing the shop admin page, the app still displayed inside the iframe.

Who can help please