There's a problem loading this page

robbyklein
2 0 0

Hey there,

The past few days I started receiving errors from the recurring charge confirmation urls. Upon redirection to the url I get the following error:

139149550-abba1d19-f0bd-4434-bfbc-35e00d021f36.png

This is the error I can see in the network tab:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Internal error. Looks like something went wrong on our end.\nRequest ID: 6f7194d0-71e9-4c36-8913-9c6a5064a8b6 (include this in support requests).",
      "extensions": {
        "code": "INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR",
        "requestId": "6f7194d0-71e9-4c36-8913-9c6a5064a8b6"
      }
    }
  ]
}

Any idea why is happening? There's been no change to the code, something changed on Shopifys end.

Thanks!

Reply 1 (1)
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
363 54 65

Hey @robbyklein 

Thanks for raising this! I checked out that request ID, and it appears that the Recurring charge status for the Super Bar - Sticky Add To Cart app was updated to expired on that store on the 30th October.

The charge was  in a pending state(awaiting approval by the merchant) on the 28th October. The status will change to expired if the recurring charge is not accepted by the merchant within 2 days of being created and this was what occurred. Please feel free to check out the API docs for further explanation of Expired and other charge statu... It's possible to retrieve all recurring application charges additionally via the API should your require it. 

It's possible for the merchant to uninstall then reinstall the app in question,  and accept the charges.  The actual internal server error you had seen stemmed from a non nullable field being returned -  the client side feedback could a little better handled in this scenario, definitely. I've raised that internally for the attention of our Billing team. 

I hope that helps - if there's any other queries please do let me know!

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!