Unable to re-order products from Rest API in a manually sorted smart collection

0xLemah
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I am using the REST API to try and re-order products in a manually sorted smart collection.
I am following the documentation here: https://shopify.dev/api/admin-rest/2021-10/resources/smartcollection

The request gives a HTTP status 200 response and the products are successfully re-ordered in the Admin panel but not on the website.
I have confirmed that manually re-ordering the products in the Admin panel does reflect on the website.
I know this is not related to a caching issue either.

It seems like a bug in the API itself. Every other function from the API works as expected but not this one.

I found someone else reporting the exact same issue here: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/smart-collection-rest-order-endpoint-updates-t...

The issue is still unanswered a year later. Has anyone successfully reordered products from a manually sorted smart collection using the REST API?

Replies 5 (5)

GrahamS
Shopify Staff (Retired)
193 36 53

Hello @0xLemah ,

I brought this one to the attention of our developer team, who confirmed that this isn't the expected outcome. We're working on a fix for this which should be available soon.

Best,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

@GrahamS wrote:

Hello @0xLemah ,

I brought this one to the attention of our developer team, who confirmed that this isn't the expected outcome. We're working on a fix for this which should be available soon.

Best,

Hey @GrahamS any update so far?

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
andrewbillits
Visitor
1 0 0

Any update on this?

BugShallNotPass
Shopify Partner
32 1 9

It looks like the issue is still there 😞

Xmas Shopify app - beautiful falling snow animation
New Arrivals Shopify app - automatically tag/untag products based on creation/publishing date
Motion - scrolling text announcements
Best Sellers Shopify app - and automate bestseller collections based on quantities or sales
Stash Shopify app - hide products from search results and search engines

faredrop
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

This is still an issue in the 2023-07 API... 😞