To continue receiving payouts, you need to secure your account by turning on two-step authentication. If two-step authentication is not turned on your payouts will be paused. Learn more

Updating product variant inventory doesn't trigger product/update webhook

axsuul
Shopify Partner
105 0 27

I'm not sure if this is as designed but when updating any product variant inventory, SKU, or price, this does not trigger a product/update webhook. However, when updating the description and title, it does. Tested this with both webhooks created via the API as well as through the notification settings.

Is this a bug?

Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, QuickBooks Online, Squarespace, Square, Tundra, WooCommerce stores with Trunk
Replies 3 (3)
seashellski
Excursionist
37 0 7

Hi James,

I wish I had good news for you but there are a handful of posts in this forum around the issue: this one and this one stand out. There are some oldies that have been closed for a while like this one as well.

From what I can tell, it is a bug and has been for some time; though someone from my team insists it was working as you expected it to back in November ?.

Not much we can do but implement one of the handful of workarounds and wait for Shopify to fix the issue.

Cheers,

James

axsuul
Shopify Partner
105 0 27

Good to hear I wasn't crazy, thanks!

Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, QuickBooks Online, Squarespace, Square, Tundra, WooCommerce stores with Trunk
Sergey
Shopify Partner
23 0 7

Just to bump this up and track history – still happens for us and other partners. 

Built more than 10 public Shopify apps for clients, with partners and our own – https://asoft.co