Upload product import CSV via API

Axolotl_King
Visitor
3 0 0

Is it possible to upload a product import CSV file via API to Shopify, and initiate a product import, so I can do mass product CRUD without using thousands of requests? I'm developing an online based PIM/DAM system for a large vendor, that will have a couple of thousands updates or new products each day.

Kind regards

Replies 8 (8)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1564

@Axolotl_King 
Sorry,
Their is no solution to import csv via api

Axolotl_King
Visitor
3 0 0

Dang. Is there any alternative way to do mass updates without using thousands of requests?

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1564

But for the product updation you can use Shopify  Api to CRUD

Axolotl_King
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you, yes I know, but as far as I can see, using the REST api will require one request per operation, and that will pile up very quickly. I'm wondering if I can do bulk create/update oon many products with limited requests using either the REST api or GraphQL

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1564

yes using you can Use all operation.

csam
Shopify Staff (Retired)
267 40 51

Hi @Axolotl_King 

You can do a bulk import and update products via GraphQL by using a bulk operation, however it does not use a CSV formatted file. You would need to convert your import data into JSONL format, upload it to Shopify, then run the import from the uploaded file to your shop. The import runs in the background and you check on its status to determine when it has completed. You can read more about the process in our docs here: https://shopify.dev/api/usage/bulk-operations/imports

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

marcussmithcp
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello.

Has any of this changed since the last posting?  Is https://shopify.dev/api/usage/bulk-operations/imports still the only way to import via an api?  Is there still no csv import api?

Claire221
Excursionist
26 2 10

Product uploads across platforms and marketplaces can be a daunting task. Much of your time can be wasted syncing product data and maintaining inventory levels. Unfortunately, CSV file imports from various marketplaces are not possible using APIs. However, the best possible solution is to make use of powerful integration solutions like the Multichannel Importer by CedCommerce to upload product data using CSV files onto Shopify. 

banned