[ URGENT ] Problem Connecting Multiple Stores into one Paypal Account

CoolJay
Tourist
19 0 0

Hello all,

We are currently connecting multiple Shopify stores into one PayPal account. i.e. Store 1 US, Store 2 UK, Store 3 AU, Store 4 EU etc which are all connected to 1 Paypal account. The problem around this is that we can’t distinguish the source of income on Paypal’s end.

I’ve reached out to both Paypal and Shopify about this.

Paypal says they can’t do so because it is only 1 API that we’re using to connect Paypal to Shopify.

Shopify says: At this time there is no way for Shopify to pass the company and brand name through the API. However, we recommend reaching out to our developer support, which is actually offered exclusively through our API and Tech forumOur Shopify Developer Support team is active on this forum and they have the knowledge and experience necessary to provide full support for the API, including if multiple APIs would be possible in this scenario.

My Question, Can I know if there's any way around this to distinguish the source of income on PayPal's end?

Your help is greatly appreciated on this.

Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)
CoolJay
Tourist
19 0 0

Hello,

Is there anyone who could help me with this, please?

Thank you!

csam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
267 40 43

Hi @CoolJay 

We don't have another way to send order information to PayPal, so the source will always appear the same. However, I do have a suggestion regarding differentiating which orders come from which stores. You can add a prefix or suffix to your order numbers from the Shopify admin, so if you change this on each of the stores, you should be able to determine the origin of the orders. For example the order numbers could appear like STORE1-1234 and STORE2-1234 on your PayPal statement

You can make this change under Settings > General in the Standards and Formats section

21-08-3m37t-bnhjq 

CS | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

CoolJay
Tourist
19 0 0

Hello!

Thank you for your reply!

But the order number doesn’t show up in Paypal - so this wouldn’t resolve the issue.. or maybe somehow I missed it anywhere? Are you able to assist me with this?

Thank you!

CoolJay
Tourist
19 0 0
to give you an idea how it looks like on paypal’s end - this is specifically for a paypal express transaction

screenshot.jpg

generally its the transaction ID at the top right corner that is traceable back to an order in Shopify..

The order number doesn't show up in Paypal... Hope this explains abit

CoolJay
Tourist
19 0 0

Hello @csam 

Not sure if there is any alternative for this. Please let me know if there are other ways for this.

Thanks!