User account on Shopify automatically pushed to custom user database?

fungtutor
Tourist
11 0 3

Is it possible to automatically push a user account creation into our a custom database?

This means when a user registers for an account on our Shopify website, the new user data is pushed into an external database that's accessed by an app. The user can then use the Shopify account to log into our smartphone app.

Any advice on how to achieve this integration is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1838 210 448

If you are on Shopify Plus you can go this route - https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/plus/multipass.

Can't think of any other ways around that. You can have a webhook registered with Shopify that would push customer data on customer registration, but that won't include the password.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
fungtutor
Tourist
11 0 3

Errr. What's the pricing for Shopify Plus? I really only need just this one simple feature, it seems unreasonable if I have to pay enormous fee just to synchronize my user database.

@Visely-Team wrote:

If you are on Shopify Plus you can go this route - https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/plus/multipass.

Can't think of any other ways around that. You can have a webhook registered with Shopify that would push customer data on customer registration, but that won't include the password.

0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1866 184 828

Shopify Plus price - for small business with minuscule turnaround and profit - astronomical ;-)

And yes, I agree, would be nice to have multipass feature as part of all plans. Unfortunately, such "federated user identity" or SSO etc. are the usual premium features most cloud service vendors like to slap on a hefty fee because they believe this is enterprise kind of functionality. Meh... unfortunate but it is what it is.

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack, Last Upsell post-purchase and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
fungtutor
Tourist
11 0 3

How much is Shopify Plus?

@KarlOffenberger wrote:

Shopify Plus price - for small business with minuscule turnaround and profit - astronomical ;-)

And yes, I agree, would be nice to have multipass feature as part of all plans. Unfortunately, such "federated user identity" or SSO etc. are the usual premium features most cloud service vendors like to slap on a hefty fee because they believe this is enterprise kind of functionality. Meh... unfortunate but it is what it is.

0 Likes
Anthony-Expert
1 0 0

@fungtutor you can refer here Shopify Plus Plan .

Instead of going with Shopify Plan for this feature, you can alternatively use Shopify API to get the user data to your external data base.

Let me if it was a help to you

0 Likes