Solved

Variant incoming property equals true, eventhough there is no incoming order.

Bjorn29
Shopify Partner
5 1 0

Hi Shopify,

In our collection page, we have a list of products.
There are two variants in that list with a strange inventory problem.

The inventory is 0 and there is no incoming order.
Although when console log the product (variant), it tells me the property; variant.incoming is true and the variant.next_incoming_date is set.
(We do have some incoming orders, but the selected variant is not included in any of them.

Do you have any idea on where to look for this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)

Bjorn29
Shopify Partner
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

So i was able to fix this problem.
It's related to this topic:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/BUG-variant-incoming-attribute-returns-true-for-varian...

"Also, more or less related: If you copy a product that is a in a transfer (and so has incoming inventory), the variant.incoming is also copied into the new product. This new product has variant.incoming = true but you will not find in a transfer and you are not able to accept it unless you create and finish a new transfer."

Fix:
I made a new incoming transfer for the specific product.
Eventually completed the incoming transfer and the problem was fixed.
Look carefully when copying a product.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Bjorn29
Shopify Partner
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

So i was able to fix this problem.
It's related to this topic:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/BUG-variant-incoming-attribute-returns-true-for-varian...

"Also, more or less related: If you copy a product that is a in a transfer (and so has incoming inventory), the variant.incoming is also copied into the new product. This new product has variant.incoming = true but you will not find in a transfer and you are not able to accept it unless you create and finish a new transfer."

Fix:
I made a new incoming transfer for the specific product.
Eventually completed the incoming transfer and the problem was fixed.
Look carefully when copying a product.